No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Libyan Italian Business Forum represents a new and strong step towards strategic cooperation with Italy

bySami Zaptia
October 26, 2024
Reading Time: 4 mins read
A A
Preparatory Committee for 30th session of the Libyan-Italian Economic Forum holds second meeting

‎Speaking to Italian media and quoted by several Libyan news sites, the Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs in the Tripoli based Libyan government, Adel Jumaa, said that the Italian Libyan Business Forum, to be held in Tripoli on Monday 28 and Tuesday 29 October, represents a new and strong step towards strategic cooperation with Italy.‎

Signing of several MoU’s in the four sectors covered
He said ‎Libya hopes that this forum will be the cornerstone for strengthening cooperation between the two sides adding that the forum will witness the signing of agreements in four key sectors – both at the public and private levels – such as energy, infrastructure, health and agriculture.‎

The event, hosted by the Tripoli International Fair, will be organized in four main areas, namely the energy and mining sector, development and infrastructure, health and pharmaceutical industry, and fisheries and agriculture.‎

‎9 billion euros of annual trade
Jumaa reported that the current volume of trade between Italy and Libya, equivalent to about 9 billion euros per year, forms a solid foundation on which to build, adding that there is still ample room for increasing bilateral transactions and achieving a trade balance between the two countries.‎

‎He pointed out that more than 25 percent of Libyan exports are destined for the Italian market, while only 8 percent of Libyan imports come from Italy.‎

RELATED POSTS

Italy and EU should provide direct support to Libya in its fight against illegal migration – Libya will not be a home for illegal migrants: PM Aldabaiba

Qatari, Italian and Swiss US$ 2.7 billion investment in Misrata Free Zone to increase its capacity to 4 million containers annually

‎ITA flights to Tripoli to resume soon
Jumaa confirmed the news that the commercial flights of the Italian airline ITA Airways between Rome and Tripoli will resume soon.‎

‎He said the resumption of flights is a goal that Libya wanted to achieve by working intensively to adapt airport infrastructure to international standards and that the aim is to increase the frequency of direct flights between the two countries, including other Libyan airports.‎

‎Stalemate in the reconstruction of Tripoli International Airport is being resolved
Jumaa said the stalemate in the reconstruction of Tripoli International Airport is being resolved, and the participation of Italian companies, in the project and in other strategic plans, depends on compliance with deadlines, technical standards and contractual clauses.‎

‎He added that the increase in visa applications for Italy from Libyan citizens is a real reflection of the economic growth between our two countries.‎

‎Stable sea lanes
The growth of Italian imports to Libya increased from $ 1 billion in 2020 to $ 2 billion in 2023, an increase of 100%, thanks to the stable sea lanes between the two countries, which offer Italian goods a competitive advantage in the Libyan market.‎

‎New CBL Board to ease commercial transactions
With the appointment of a new Board of Directors of the Central Bank, many of the restrictions previously imposed on commercial transactions have been abolished, and all remaining obstacles are being overcome.‎

 

AENEAS complains that Libya is blocking payments for Tripoli International Airport project (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Business Council hosts delegation of Italian Embassy to discuss preparations for Libyan-Italian Forum‎ (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Italian Economic Forum sets 29 October as event date (libyaherald.com)

Preparatory Committee for 30th session of the Libyan-Italian Economic Forum holds second meeting (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Italian Economic Forum – 16 May at 50th Tripoli International Fair (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Italian Economic Forum will be held in Rome from 1 to 5 December (libyaherald.com)

40 companies from Benghazi Chamber of Commerce participated in Rome’s Libyan Italian Economic Forum – MoU signed (libyaherald.com)

Italian business delegation to Libya in 2024 to discuss investment in localisation of oil industry (libyaherald.com)

REAoL leads high-level Interconnection Committee meeting in Rome (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Italian Chamber receives Italian companies in five sectors (libyaherald.com)

Messina Line resumes service to Benghazi Port’s Jiliana Free Port

Head of Libyan-Italian Chamber of Commerce emphasises increasing trade – 2024 will be year of Libyan-Italian economic partnership (libyaherald.com)

Libyan-Italian Chamber of Commerce meets Milan and Brescia Chambers of Commerce – economic forum to be held in Tripoli in May (libyaherald.com)

100 Libyan businessmen in Rome’s Libyan-Italian Economic Forum – to launch new phase in trade relations (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Italian Economic Forum will be held in Rome from 1 to 5 December (libyaherald.com)

Libyan and Italian branches of the Joint Chamber sign MoU to unify strategy (libyaherald.com)

Libyan Union of Chambers of Commerce meets Libya-Italian Chamber and Italian Ambassador (libyaherald.com)

Tripoli Chamber of Commerce discusses with Italian ambassador Alberini promotion of private sector trade relations (libyaherald.com)

 

Tags: Italy ItalianLibyan Italian ForumMinister of State for Cabinet Affairs Adel Jumaa

Related Posts

NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

February 16, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

February 16, 2026
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Ministry of Industry exploring establishing two-million-ton annual capacity “environmentally friendly” cement plant with China’s Goodwill Ceramic

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
Tripoli based Military Industries Organisation opens “Libyan Inventor” office
Business

Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

February 15, 2026
HoR condemns Serraj’s foreign intervention call
Business

Economic diversification conference held in Benghazi by HoR and CBL

February 15, 2026
Next Post
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

Eni and BP resume operations in Libya, Repsol and OMV to start within weeks: NOC

Call by Chambers of Commerce and Shipping to postpone or cancel use of ECTN

Opposition growing to 'arbitrary' introduction of ACI / ECTN tracking preregistration of container cargo to Libya

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.