No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

IOM discusses solar power with Security Directorate at Tunisian border crossing

bySami Zaptia
September 23, 2020
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
IOM discusses solar power with Security Directorate at Tunisian border crossing

The IOM is discussing installing a solar power system with the local Security Directorate at the Ras Jdair Tunisian border crossing (Photo: Ras Jdair Security Directorate).

By Sami Zaptia.

The IOM is discussing installing a solar power system with the local Security Directorate at the Ras Jdair Tunisian border crossing (Photo: Ras Jdair Security Directorate).

London, 23 September 2020:

The Security Directorate at Libya’s Ras Jadair Tunisian border crossing reported yesterday that it is in discussion with the International Organization for Migration (IOM) regarding installing solar power supply for the border crossing.

The Security Directorate said that this is in order to raise and upgrade the level of public services and find serious solutions to some of the problems that negatively affect the process of completing the procedures of travellers, including the problem of power outages at the border crossing.

At the meeting today, a study and the development of a plan for the installation of the solar system at the crossing was agreed, and a specialized company will be tasked in the coming days to install the solar energy system.

RELATED POSTS

National Development Agency powers 50-hectare agricultural centre-pivot irrigation systems with solar energy system

22,509 migrants intercepted at sea and returned to Libya so far in 2025 – already more than the 21,762 intercepted for all of 2024

 

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/09/14/hay-andalus-municipality-and-jumhouria-bank-discuss-islamic-loans-for-domestic-solar-systems/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/09/10/hay-al-andalus-launches-solar-streetlights-project-plans-to-install-1000-lights/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/18/usaid-unsmil-undp-and-world-bank-to-install-solar-system-to-power-the-mmr-and-provide-electricity-for-south-libya/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/23/noc-discusses-improved-productivity-maintaining-oil-reservoirs-and-solar-power-with-repsol/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/03/02/foundation-stone-laid-for-a-100-megawatt-solar-power-project-in-kufra-to-be-implemented-by-chinese/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2019/05/08/undp-helps-install-solar-street-lights-as-part-of-sustainable-development-through-harnessing-clean-energy/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/01/18/undp-installs-solar-panels-in-15-libyan-hospitals-plans-more-in-2018/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2016/10/25/solar-power-deal-with-greece-announced-by-thinni/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2013/02/28/uk-university-says-libya-could-produce-more-energy-through-solar-power-than-oil/

 

Tags: electricity power cutsfeaturedIOM International Organization for Migration LibyaLibyan Tunisian border crossingRas Jadair Ras JdairSecurity Directoratesolar power

Related Posts

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments
Business

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

November 29, 2025
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

November 29, 2025
Minister of Industry meets the Committee for Localisation of Oil Materials and Equipment Industry
Business

Industry and Minerals Ministry signs MoU with Hungary’s Rotary International Co. for joint infrastructure investment projects

November 29, 2025
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

NOC reviews Poland’s Puna oil company’s 2025-26 exploration plans in the Murzuq Basin

November 29, 2025
LAIP delegation visits Maputo, Mozambique to recover seized rice project
Business

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio holds coordination meeting with Nigerian embassy on Transit Corridors Project

November 28, 2025
Libyan Export Promotion Centre changes to become Libyan Export Development Authority – new logo adopted
Business

Libyan Export Development Authority to launch subsidised direct shipping service to Sub-Saharan African ports

November 28, 2025
Next Post

Man-Made River has remained out of politics and acted as a unifier: MMR chairman

Kidnapping and murder of Tripoli woman sends shocks of insecurity through capital

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.