No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Hafter confirms attendance of Palermo Libya conference during Rome visit

bySami Zaptia
October 30, 2018
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Hafter confirms attendance of Palermo Libya conference during Rome visit

Khalifa Hafter has confirmed his participation in the Palermo conference during his Rome visit on Sunday (Photo: Italian Government).

By Sami Zaptia.

Khalifa Hafter has confirmed his participation in the Palermo conference during his Rome visit on Sunday (Photo: Italian Government).
Khalifa Hafter has confirmed his participation in the Palermo Libya conference in November during his Rome visit on Sunday (Photo: Italian Government).

London, 30 October 2018:

Italy’s Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte has confirmed that Libyan National Army (LNA) commander Khalifa Hafter has confirmed his intention to participate in the Palermo 12-13 November conference

Italy’s official government website reported Conte saying that he had a long and articulate meeting on Sunday evening with Haftar which included an exchange of views on the Libyan situation.

Hafter was visiting Rome on Sunday ahead of the Palermo Libya conference.

RELATED POSTS

Atletico Madrid win Benghazi’s Reconstruction Cup after beating Inter Milan 4-3 on penalties – great political showpiece for Hafter

UNSMIL expresses concern over mobilisation of forces by Hafter and anti-Hafter forces

Conte reiterated that it will be a “Conference for Libya and not on Libya”, based on two fundamental principles, such as full respect for the assumption of responsibility on the Libyan side and the inclusiveness of the process, which is part of the path traced from the United Nations plan.

The Italian Government’s report said Haftar has confirmed his participation in the Palermo conference, ensuring his availability for a constructive and constructive debate that represents the premise of a real unification process in line with the continuing expectations of the Libyan people.

The Italian Government said that the presence in Palermo of all the main Libyan actors is aimed at supporting the conditions of security and economic development, as well as the strengthening of the political-constitutional framework, as a basis for an orderly political process based on the UN Action Plan.

Conte reiterated the role of facilitator that he proposes to assune during the Palermo conference, an action that can benefit from the presence and support of many members of the international community, he concluded.

Tags: featuredGiuseppe Conte Italian Prime MinisterKhalifa HafterLNA Libyan National ArmyPalermo Libya conference November 2018

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Belgium accused of using Libya’s frozen assets in financing militias and human trafficking

Belgium accused of using Libya's frozen assets in financing militias and human trafficking

Libya denies kidnap attempt of Chinese Chargé d'affaires

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.