No Result
View All Result
Monday, September 1, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Benghazi mortar round kills two and injures one

byNigel Ash
April 23, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

The Giuliana bridge in Benghazi (File photo)
The Giuliana bridge in Benghazi  near where the mortar landed today (File photo)

Benghazi, 22 April 2017:

Two people were killed and one injured today by a mortar round which landed in the Benghazi district of Guiliana.

Jalaa hospital said that the wounded individual had been treated for shrapnel wounds and was in a stable condition.

Libyan National Army sources described the round as random. However, it seems possible it was aimed at the naval headquarters beside the Guiliana bridge and fired from the militant enclave of Suq Al-Hout or from a mobile position.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Three weeks ago a sniper shot and killed a woman in a car and then a sailor who ran to help the family.  The car had been approaching the Guiliana bridge when it was attacked. It was not physically possible to fire on the bridge from within the two districts, Suq Al-Hout and Sabri, still held by the militants.

Therefore it seems clear that the gunman had been operating within an area controlled by the security forces. No arrest was made and the Benghazi Security Directorate has not said if it discovered the sniper’s firing position.

Tags: featuredGuilianaLibyamortar round

Related Posts

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

August 31, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Next Post
Hafter orders absent soldiers to report by 15 May

Hafter orders absent soldiers to report by 15 May

Sicilian prosecutor says some rescue NGOs are working with human traffickers

Sicilian prosecutor says some rescue NGOs are working with human traffickers

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libyan German discussions include resumption of flights, opening of German Embassy’s visa section and economic and investment cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Following mobilisation of forces around Tripoli, UNSMIL calls for peaceful dialogue and de-escalation: report and analysis

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.