With the support of the Minister of Economy and Trade, Mohamed Al-Hwej, and the Minister of Industry and Trade of Morocco, Riad Mazour, the activities of the Moroccan-Libyan Business Forum and Exhibition were opened last Wednesday, 1 November, in the city of Tangier under the slogan “Investment is a Lever for Development and Economic Integration”.
In his opening remarks, Minister Hwej stressed the importance of this forum in opening prospects for cooperation between business owners and investors in the two countries. The Minister also called for the necessity of opening a sea line between Tangier and Tripoli and for airline companies to return to operating in Libya to facilitate the movement of trade and increase the volume of trade exchange.
He said Morocco will play a great role by opening the Moroccan embassy in Tripoli as well as the consulate in Benghazi, which will help facilitate procedures regarding visas for Libyan business executives and citizens.
On the sidelines of the forum, memorandums of understanding were signed between the Libyan Business Council (LBC), the Moroccan Enterprises Federation, the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture, Hilal Al Asimah, and the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services of the Tangier-Tetouan Al Hoceima region in Morocco.
The exhibition accompanying the recipient was also opened with the participation of 17 Libyan companies and institutions, 20 Moroccan companies, and more than 90 Libyan businessman.
The forum was attended from the Libyan side by:
- The Undersecretary of the Ministry of Economy and Trade for Free Zones
- The Chairman of the Privatisation and Investment Board (PIB)
- The Chairman of the General Authority for Exhibitions
- The Director General of the Libyan Export Promotion Centre (LEPC)
- The Executive Director of the Libyan Business Council (LBC)
- The Executive Director of the Libyan Industry Union (LIU)
- The Deputy Director of the Insurance Supervision Authority
From the Moroccan side, the forum was attended by:
- The Mayor of the city of Tangier
- The President of the Confederation of the Moroccan Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services
- The President of the Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Services of the Tangier-Tetouan-Al Hoceima region
- The President of the Tangier Community Council
- The General Confederation of Moroccan Enterprises
- and several other interested parties.
Casablanca Public Works Company visits Tripoli Chamber – invited to invest in Libya (libyaherald.com)