No Result
View All Result
Saturday, November 29, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Morocco delegation visits Tripoli in preparation for reopening consulate after eight-year closure

bySami Zaptia
January 30, 2022
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Morocco delegation visits Tripoli in preparation for reopening consulate after eight-year closure

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: MFA).

Tripoli, 30 January 2022:

A Moroccan delegation arrived in Tripoli yesterday to prepare for the reopening of the Moroccan Consulate in Tripoli after an eight-year closure.

The Moroccan delegation was headed by the Head of the Affairs of the Arab Maghreb Union at the Moroccan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and included several senior officials of the ministry. It was received by the Director of the Arab Department at the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Khalifa Al Gaidi.

The Libyan Foreign Ministry said this important step, which will facilitate the procedures for granting visas to Libyan citizens from the consulate in Tripoli, comes within the framework of the efforts of the Libyan government to support cooperation mechanisms between Morocco and Libya, and in implementation of what was agreed upon during the visit of the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Najla Al-Mangoush to Rabat last June, and her meeting with the Moroccan Minister of Foreign Affairs Nasser Bourita the move also comes in accordance with the follow-up of the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs for Political Affairs, Mohamed Khalil Issa, in order to consolidate and strengthen bilateral relations between the two countries.

RELATED POSTS

President of Casablanca Chamber of Commerce receives delegation from Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

Meeting of the Advisors of the Libyan Ministers of Economy and Industry and Trade of Morocco

The Libyan Foreign Ministry said that it is noteworthy that the outcomes of this work came as a result of the efforts of the “Joint Libyan-Moroccan Consular Committee”, which held its meetings late last year headed by the Undersecretary for Consular Affairs, Murad Hemima, where the committee reached agreement on a number of issues, including facilitating the access of Libyan students and their families to visa and residence in Morocco, granting visas to investors and business leaders, and visitor visas to citizens of the two countries, facilitating the resumption of flights, and other consular matters that serve the citizens of the two countries.

Tags: featuredMorocco Moroccan

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Turkish ambassador’s Benghazi visit signals further Turkish rapprochement with Hafter’s eastern Libya – interests override principles and make allies of old enemies

Turkish ambassador’s Benghazi visit signals further Turkish rapprochement with Hafter’s eastern Libya – interests override principles and make allies of old enemies

New prime ministerial candidates to make presentations to HoR next Monday – PM to be chosen on Tuesday

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • A high-level Libyan delegation and U.S. officials from Congress, the administration, and think tanks hold roundtable discussion in DC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli Libyan government delegation holds extensive meeting in DC with several major American companies ‘‘reflecting renewed American interest in Libyan market’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tripoli government delegation meets Eric Meyer, Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for the Middle East and Africa, to discuss economic and financial cooperation

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Sirte Free Zone offers 70% reduction in duties for all goods through its port for two years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.