By Sami Zaptia.
London, 16 August 2021:
In its statement at the end of its latest meeting in Sirte held between 13-14 August, the 5+5 Joint Military Commission said:
- It holds the Libyan Political Dialogue Forum (LPDF) responsible for any consequences that may lead to a breach of the 23 October 2020 Ceasefire Agreement if the LPDF fails to adopt the constitutional basis that will lead to the timely holding of the planned 24 December elections.
- It renewed its previous demand for the speedy appointment of a defence minister.
- Confirmation of security procedures for the main Sirte-Misrata Coastal Road and the stringent enforcement of security procedures on its users.
- The start of the second phase of removing mines from the sides of the Coastal Road.
- After the preparation of lists, in the coming days, there will be an exchange of detainees from both sides.
- Agreement by the Commission of proposals and plans for the urgent removal of foreign forces and mercenaries, without exception, and called on the Presidency Council and the government to freeze any military agreements or memoranda of understanding with any country in accordance with the 23 October 2020 Ceasefire Agreement.
- Confirmation on the start of procedures for the reopening of the Bugrain-Al-Jufra road.