No Result
View All Result
Friday, February 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

CBL to unfreeze 2018 hard currency allowance disbursements after treating large cases of ID fraud

bySami Zaptia
February 27, 2019
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: Tripoli CBL).
(Logo: Tripoli CBL).

London, 27 February 2019:

The Tripoli Central Bank of Libya (CBL) announced today that it is to recontinue the disbursement of the stalled 2018 US$ 500 /person currency annual allowance as of 3 March.

It stressed that it froze its disbursement not due to lack of funds or for administrative reasons, but as a result of proven cases of ID fraud.

It will be recalled that all Libyan state allowances and salaries are (in theory) only disbursed to Libyan citizens with a valid National ID Number.

RELATED POSTS

61 false Family Records, 225 National ID Nos. and Libyan passports suspended – legal proceedings against Civil Registry Office conspirators initiated

Two Libyans and five expatriates detained for deliberately falsifying civil status data in Tobruk

These numbers are held on a national database administered by the Civil Registry Authority (CRA).

Earlier this month, the CBL announced that it was freezing the hard currency allowance due to a large number of cases of ID fraud. The announcement caused public dismay. The CBL received heavy criticism and was accused of being miserly with the people’s money.

There then followed a public blame game between the CBL and the CRA where the CRA accused the CBL of exaggerating the ID fraud and refusing several requests to meet to review the database.

In today’s statement the CBL is still insisting that the ID fraud is substantial.

The CBL said that it saw it as its national duty to highlight the ID fraud and point it out to the CRA so that the later can mitigate the fraud.

The CBL said that ID fraud has national security implications and that it continues the strategic work to mitigate ID fraud without any help from the CRA.

The CBL said that it will soon reveal all the proven cases of ID fraud.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2019/02/24/id-number-forgeries-exaggerated-cra/

 

 

Tags: CRA Civil Registry AuthorityfeaturedHard Currency Annual AllowanceNational ID NumberTripoli CBL Central bank of Libya

Related Posts

Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Next Post

LD 111 million development and maintenance health budget allocated for 20 projects

Serraj and Hafter meet in Abu Dhabi

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

Military Industrialization Organisation delivers 7,000 cooking gas cylinders it has manufactured locally to Brega Oil Marketing Company

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.