No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC proposes how it should be protected and funded

byNigel Ash
October 13, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
NOC proposes how it should be protected and funded

St. George's House, Windsor Castle where NOC hosted its meeting (Photo: Windsor Castle)

By Libya Herald reporters.

Conference attendees gather on the steps of St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle (Photo: Social media)

London, 12 October 2017:

The National Oil Corporation (NOC) has proposed how it and its oil and gas monopoly should be protected during Libya’s current political transition ahead of a election of a new government and parliament.

In what is clearly a further step by NOC boss Mustafa Sanalla to keep the state oil company properly funded and out of the political firing line, “Protecting Libya’s Oil” was a two-day conference near London which set out eight guiding principles.

Among them was that the current movement of NOC revenues to the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) should  be transparent and made public. By the same token, NOC and its subsidiaries should be adequately and transparently funded by the government in a timely manner to guarantee the highest levels of production and exports. Sanalla has repeatedly criticised the Presidency Council (PC) and its head Faiez Serraj for failing to hand over money NOC said it needed for repairs and new investments.

RELATED POSTS

Benghazi Court of Appeal issues two rulings stipulating that it does not have jurisdiction to hear appeals against decrees issued by Presidency Council

All recently clashing state and militia forces and their military vehicles will return to their barracks as of yesterday evening

NOC should also continue to enjoy a monopoly of oil and gas production and all new deals with foreign partners had to be transparent.  The principles repeated Sanalla’s insistence that any blockade or interference with oil and gas production should be treated as a crime.  There should be no concessions nor payments made to anyone who disrupted NOC’s output.

The proposals further sought to protect NOC’s top management from political place-men and ensure the company had a technocratic leadership.

The draft “Statement of Principles” is being sent to UNSMIL chief Ghassan Salamé to lay before the planned National Conference.

The document emerged from a little-heralded high-level meeting at the exclusive St George’s House conference centre inside Windsor Castle. NOC said that those attending included CBL governor Saddek Elkaber, tribal and municipal representatives, the United Nations, the International Monetary Fund, major international oil companies and diplomats from the UK, US, Russia, Italy, Spain and the EU.

Sanalla closed the meeting saying the gathering had been unique. He was grateful for the “open and frank discussions on how Libya can overcome persistent security and governance problems in its oil sector.

“We will work together as Libyan technocratic institutions to put into action each one of these principles and to ensure the whole country realises the benefits”.

Tags: Faiez SerrajfeaturedGhassan SalaméLibyaMustafa SanallaNOCPresidency CouncilSaddek Elkaber

Related Posts

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Business

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 19, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post

Crimean tanker attacked by coastguard arrives in Malta

UN human rights chief in surprise Libya visit

UN human rights chief in surprise Libya visit

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Industry exploring establishing two-million-ton annual capacity “environmentally friendly” cement plant with China’s Goodwill Ceramic

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.