No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Sanalla promises exports to resume “immediately” at Zueitina, promises oil production can rise to 600,000 b/d within a month

byMichel Cousins
September 14, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Sanalla promises exports to resume “immediately” at Zueitina, promises oil production can rise to 600,000 b/d within a month

Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)

By Moutaz Mathi.

Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)
Sanalla (left) in Zueitina with LNA (Photo: LANA)

Tripoli, 14 September 2016:

Exports from Zueitina oil terminal are to recommence “immediately”, Mustafa Sanalla, the chairman of the reunited National Oil Corporation (NOC) said today, announcing plans to lift force majeure at the port. It will, however, take a little longer at Ras Lanuf and Sidra because of repair work needed at both places, he said.

He was speaking in Zueitina which he was visiting to assess the situation at the three oil terminals. They were taken at the beginning of the week by the Libyan National Army led by General Khalifa Hafter from the Petroleum Facilities Guard loyal to Ibrahim Jahdran.

In a statement last night that technical teams had already started assessing what needed to be done to lift force majeure and restart exports, Sanalla predicted that production could be raised from around 290,000 b/d at present to 600,000 b/d within four weeks and to 950,000 b/d by the end of the year.

RELATED POSTS

Ras Lanuf successfully restarts second polyethylene production‎ line – after a 12-year stoppage

Ras Lanuf signs contract with Slovakian Hydromtazah for maintenance of concrete foundations and steel structures at seawater outlet

“However, this is dependent on receiving essential funds from the budget and on the Oil Crescent ports and the closed pipelines in the southwest being opened and kept open,” he said.

“We welcome statements from the Libyan National Army allied with House of Representatives (HoR) and the president of the HoR, Ageela Saleh, that the ports should be placed under NOC’s control,” he also added.

Last month, the NOC started shipping 620,000 barrels of oil from the storage tanks in Zueitina to Zawia for protection after fears that there would be fighting there between the LNA and PFG.

The move was made with the approval of the HoR and the LNA both of which have said since Sunday’s takeover that the terminals would be handed over to the reunited NOC.

Reinforcing relations with the LNA in Zueitina this morning, Sanallah met with its military commander responsible for the area, Colonel Muftah Shagloof as well as with the LNA appointed commander of central region PFG Colonel Muftah Al-Maghref.

In last night’s statement, Sanalla said that he hoped the reopening of the terminals marked “the beginning of a new phase of cooperation and coexistence between Libya’s factions, as well as an end to the use of the blockade as a political tactic”.

Libyans, he said, had “a common interest in keeping our oil flowing. By raising oil production and exports we can reduce our budget deficit and pay for vital services.”

 He also pointed out that under the NOC unity deal in July, ‎it recognised the Presidency Council as the highest executive authority and the House of Representatives as the highest legislative authority.

Tags: featuredLibyaNOCRas LanufZueitina

Related Posts

Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June
Libya

Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

May 15, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

May 12, 2026
Next Post
Libya’s oldest woman dies “aged 122”

Libya's oldest woman dies "aged 122"

Efforts to fund completion of Misrata Central Hospital underway

Efforts to fund completion of Misrata Central Hospital underway

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.