No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

GNC gives up on Libya dialogue, to re-focus on economic and social issues instead: Abdul Saddeq

byMichel Cousins
January 14, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Awad Abdul Saddeq (Photo: GNC)
Awad Abdul Saddeq (Photo: GNC)

Tripoli, 13 January 2016:

The General National Congress (GNC) is no longer directing its attention to the Libya Dialogue . . .[restrict]and the Skhirat agreement, its deputy president Awad Abdul Saddeq had said. Instead it will concentrate on economic and other issues of importance to ordinary Libyans such as the state of the healthcare system and availability of medical supplies, the problems faced by the oil industry, and Libya’s financial resources.

In consequence, he explained at a press conference yesterday, there would again be two sessions of the GNC weekly.

Regular sessions of the GNC effectively stopped some time ago, mainly because its president, Nuri Abu Sahmain did not want members to discuss the Skhirat deal which he strongly opposes. He was also reported to be worried that members who backed the agreement might try to vote him out of office.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

Referring to it, Abdul Saddeq claimed that the GNC tried to achieve a settlement but that its views had been rejected by the UN Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL), led first by Bernardino Leon and now by Martin Kobler. It was now the responsibility of the UN and the House of Representatives to end the crisis, he said.

He also added that the GNC had accepted the resignation of head the railway planning authortity. [/restrict]

Tags: featuredGeneral National CongressLibya

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post
Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings

Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings

Zlitan carnage victims given free treatment abroad

Zlitan carnage victims given free treatment abroad

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Ministry of Planning meets Libyan Industry Union to discuss support for nationally manufactured products

Libyan institutions explore how emerging technologies can strengthen education and scientific research

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.