No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

UNSMIL’s Kobler has Cairo meetings with Serraj and Egyptian FM

byNigel Ash
December 3, 2015
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald reporters.

UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler (Photo: UN)
UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler (Photo: UN)

Tunis, 28 November 2015:

New UNSMIL chief Martin Kobler Tweeted today that he had had a very good meeting in . . .[restrict]Cairo with Egyptian foreign minister Sameh Shoukry. It is understood that he also had talks with prime minister designate Faiez Serraj. 

Serraj’s communications office, which is currently the Egyptian capital, declined to give details of the talks with Kobler.

The UNSMIL boss has been buoyed by this week’s declaration from 92 members of the House of Representatives in favour of the political accord and presidential council. He has also welcomed support from what he believes is the majority of GNC members.

RELATED POSTS

Mitiga airport completes preparations to receive Air Cairo flights

70 percent of Libya still unexplored: NOC chairman Bengdara

The international community has likewise homed in on the HoR members’ declaration and perceived GNC support, congratulating them on their courage in the face of menaces.

Ten governments, Algeria, France, Germany, Italy, Morocco, Spain, Tunisia, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom and the United States today  produced a joint statement.

“We commend the courage of these HoR and GNC members who face intimidation by hardliners on both sides seeking to frustrate progress towards a Government of National Accord”.

They said that they admired the politicians’ determination to build a united Libya able to combat instability, extremism and terrorism.

“We remind those attempting to impede progress that they will be held to account by the Libyan people and by the international community for their actions”.

Neither Egypt nor Qatar put its name to the document. UN Secretary-General lauded Qatar for brokering a ceasefire in Obari between Tebu and Tuareg tribesmen, even though it appears that the deal is already being honoured in the breach.

The ten countries did not echo the Italian premier Matteo Renzi’s view that the international campaign against IS in the Levant should also be broadened to include Libya. Renzi told French president Francois Hollande, when they met on Thursday in Paris, that Libya was in danger of becoming the next terrorist emergency and ought to be given “absolute priority”. [/restrict]

Tags: CairofeaturedKoblerLibyaSerrajShoukry

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Time “almost up” for Libya: Malta PM Muscat

HoR and GNC opponents of unity government confer in Tunis

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.