No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zintan “air force” bombs Libya Dawn positions: claim

byMichel Cousins
November 22, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli/Tunis, 21 November 2014:

Air strikes have been reported today in the Jebel Nafusa and near Bir Ghanem against . . .[restrict]Libya Dawn forces. According to a Zintan Operations Room spokesman who asked not to be named, aircraft under its control carried out the strikes. As well as Bir Ghanem, positions were hit in Hosh Al-Seteen near Gharian and Bu Sheiba, he said.

He claimed that the Zintanis had two aircraft, delivered in the past few days to the small airstrip outside the town. Until today, however, they could not be used because of a lack of aviation fuel. This had now been resolved, he explained.

In Tripoli yesterday, residents reported hearing a jet plane repeatedly circling overhead. The Hassi administration is reported to have said that it was an Egyptian or Emirati aircraft. However, the head of Operation Dignity’s air force in Benghazi, Saqr Adam Geroushi, yesterday told the Libya Herald that his forces had begun flying reconnaissance flights over the capital as well as other locations in the west ahead of a military operation to retake them.

RELATED POSTS

Tripoli Transport Minister seeking to activate Transit Roads to Niger and Sudan

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

For its part, Libya Dawn has, according to the Libya Observer (itself pro-Libya Dawn), now accused Sudan “of sending disassembled aircraft to the ex-government of Abdullah al-Thani to reassemble them inside Al-Wattiya airbase in Western Libya in order to bomb Misrata, Mietiega and Zawara airports (sic”).

The claim coincides with reports that the government has followed up on HoR threats to close the three airports as well as this in Sirte, and issued an order closing western airspace.

The Wattiya airbase, on the road from Al-Jmail to the Jebel Nafusa, is controlled by the Zintanis and Libya Dawn has on several occasions claimed it has been used to bomb its forces in and around the capital. However, the Zintanis say that it is still unusable following bombing by NATO during the 2011 revolution.

Earlier this week, the Zintan Operations Room spokesman claimed that 40 Libya Dawn vehicles had arrived at the base to try and take it over but had been driven back.

Ironically, Sudan was viewed as being pro-Libya Dawn until the end of September, and was itself accused of flying weapons and supplies to it. It came out firmly in support of the HoR in October. [/restrict]

Tags: LibyaLibya DawnSudanZintan

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Civil Registry to introduce “Family Smart Card”

Civil Registry to introduce “Family Smart Card”

Migrants rescued after five days adrift

Migrants rescued after five days adrift

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.