No Result
View All Result
Saturday, August 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

“We have surrounded Gharian and retaken Aziziya claim Zintanis

byMichel Cousins
October 12, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

12 October 2014:

Zintani units claim to have pushed Libya Dawn forces out of Aziziya today and surrounded Gharian . . .[restrict]in a two-pronged movement.

A senior Zintan military source also said that the town of Al-Gawasim, just north of Gharian had turned against Libya Dawn and were now supporting the “Libya army” (as Zintan forces are now being called by themselves, the government and the Chief of Staff’s office).

Earlier, there were reports earlier from Gharian that it had retaken Al-Rabtaa, captured by the Zintanis yesterday, but the Zintan source denied it.

RELATED POSTS

Two Libyan olive oil brands win gold at Athens International Olive Oil Competition 2024

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

He said that Zintani troops had today taken the Fourth Forces Camp in Aziziya and that the Ghariani militiamen who had been holding it, led by Adel Daab, had pulled back to their mountain town. Meanwhile, he added, Libya Shield forces and Zawia’s Abu Obeida brigade were currently in Zahra gathering weapons to defend it but, he declared “we are preparing to enter Zahra by tomorrow”.

The fighting between the two sides appears to have been intense today.

According to the Gharian hospital Facebook page, it had received 23 dead and 60 injured, five of them serious. Of the injured, ten had been taken by helicopter to Mitiga and four to Misrata. There are separate reports of the hospital at Mitiga appealing for doctors and blood.

For their part, the Zintanis claim to now hold 37 Libya Dawn prisoners, some of them allegedly as young as 14 and 15 years of age. They also say they are holding the bodies of another 23 members of Libya Dawn. There had been others injured, the Zintani source added, but they had been handed over to the Red Crescent.

As to Zintani casualties, he would not say other than that there had not been many. However, he promised to give the figures tomorrow.

None of the Zintani claims have been confirmed. [/restrict]

Tags: AziziyaGharianLibyaZintan

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Analysis: Ban Ki-moon visit to Tripoli and the Libyan dialogue

“National Salvation Government” condemns attacks on mosques

“National Salvation Government” condemns attacks on mosques

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.