No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Libya Dawn accused of taking revenge on Tripoli opposition

byCallum Paton
August 26, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ajnadin Mustafa.

Tripoli, 26 August 2014:

Scores of Zintanis living in Tripoli have been captured and hundreds . . .[restrict]individuals opposed to Libya Dawn Operations have had their homes torched since the it took control of the capital.

Residents in Tripoli told the Libya Herald that 280 homes had been looted and set alight since the Misratan-led forces took control the the airport two days ago. This included the house of Transport Minister Abdelgader Ahmed, a Zintani, Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni, Othman and Abdelmajid Al-Milaiqtah, commanders within the Zintan revolutionary brigades, and Mohammed Al-Farjani, a Tripoli-based reporter for Alarabiya  TV. 

Zintan Municipal Council has described the plight of Zintanis in Tripoli as “a very dark situation”. Spokesman for the council Omar Matoog said it had complied a list of 80 names of those who had disappeared in recent days. “We do not know if they have been kidnapped or killed,” he said. He added that while Zintani officials had been targeted in the attacks, normal families and civilians had not escaped the violence.

RELATED POSTS

The first Libyan Bosnian Business Forum held in Misrata deemed an economic turning point between the two countries

Libyan – Bosnian Business Forum – to be held from 29 to 30 March in Misrata

“This is a disaster,” Matoog said. “I do not know how to describe the situation on the ground. The families are without homes; now they are refugees,” he explained.

Matoog said Zintan Municipal Council was collating a file on the the abuse and that it would pass it to the UN or the relevant international legal authorities.

While Zintanis could feel secure in their own town he claimed thatr what Libya was now witnessing was a battle not just between Misrata and Zintan but for the whole country.

It has been claimed that Zintani forces withdrew two days ago from Tripoli International Airport and other bases they held in the capital on specific orders from the House of Representatives.

[/restrict]

Tags: LibyaLibya DawnMisrataTripoliZintan

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Victims of terrorist violence appeal to UN to intervene in Libyan crisis

Victims of terrorist violence appeal to UN to intervene in Libyan crisis

Despite deteriorating conditions, most migrant workers choosing to remain in Libya

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.