International Safety Training . . .[restrict]College (ISTC) / GENERAL MANAGER, LIBYA
International Safety Training College (ISTC) has earned a reputation for providing consultancy and training to the highest professional standards in emergency response, disaster management, fire safety, and health and safety in the MENA region and beyond. We provide specialised and accredited internationally recognized training courses which meet the needs of the aviation, oil and gas, marine and leisure industries, as well as civil defense. To support our growing team in Libya, we are seeking to recruit a General Manager.
The person in this position will be responsible for delivering the Company’s growth strategy, providing leadership and direction to the Company’s overall activities, managing the company’s daily operations and ensuring professional service levels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing communication and coordination with clients, securing long-term relationships and understanding their requirements both at a strategic and tactical level to ensure satisfaction and gain new business;
- Managing communication and coordination with relevant stakeholders and authorities;
- Managing daily operations including ensuring proper facilities, equipment and personnel for each project;
- Identifying and implementing strategies to improve economic and technical performance of the company and ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Identifying and pursuing new business development activities, compiling feasibility studies where required, creating, negotiating and closing commercial agreements;
- Issuing tailored propositions, preparing and delivering sales presentations and timely and accurate business progress reports;
- Managing company personnel ensuring performance and maintenance of proper certifications;
- Maintaining current knowledge of external market trends, internal strategies and operational capabilities.
- Proven work experience at senior management level, with a background in business development;
- Extensive experience in working in developing countries is a must.
- Experience in (post) conflict Libya is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in working on private sector development projects is essential, with advantage of experience in safety and security;
- Relevant university degree;
- Good verbal skills in English and Maltese;
- Good communication and social skills, and the ability to (net)work in multicultural settings;
Willing to be based in Libya (on rotation basis).
Interested applicants are to submit their cv to: