No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Oil production down to 450,000 barrels per day after pipeline sabotage

byCallum Paton
February 14, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Callum Paton.

Tripoli, 13 February 2014:

Oil production has plummeted to 450,000 barrels per day (b/d), a significant decline from . . .[restrict]600,000 b/d reported two days ago, after further pipeline sabotage.

The decrease – announced today by the National Oil Corporation (NOC) – was due to the partial closure of a pipeline carrying oil from the Sharara field, said NOC spokesperson Mohammed Al-Harrari. He said that the line had been tampered with near Reyayana in the Jebel Nafusa but declined to give further details.

Sharara oilfield manager Hassan Al-Sideek told the Libya Herald  yesterday that the oil flow to the Zawia refinery and oil terminal from Sharara had been cut by 60 percent after the pipeline had been sabotaged.

RELATED POSTS

Libya supplied nearly a quarter of Italy’s total crude oil imports in 2025

Akakus Oil’s drilling of new H-49 well in Sharara field completed with a production of 1,450 bpd

The rise to 600,000 b/d had been attributed to the reopening of the pipeline from Sharara after an armed group turned down the valve using similar tactics. It is thought that the same group could be responsible for the current, partial closure. [/restrict]

Tags: Jebel NafusaNOCoiloil productionSharara oilfield

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
Next Post
General Hafter announces coup; politicians react with scorn, order his arrest

General Hafter announces coup; politicians react with scorn, order his arrest

Libyan passport “chaos” forced visa demand: Moroccan official

Libyan passport “chaos” forced visa demand: Moroccan official

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.