No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

More Egyptian diplomatic staff seized in Tripoli, embassy prepares to evacuate

bythomwestcott
June 26, 2017
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 25 January 2014:

Four more staff members from the Egyptian embassy in Tripoli have been kidnapped, following the . . .[restrict]abduction of a man understood to be the embassy’s administrative attaché last night.

Spokesman for the Libyan Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Said Al-Asoud, told the Libya Herald that, at dawn this morning, the cultural attaché and three employees from the Egyptian cultural centre were taken.

The Egyptian ambassador to Libya, Hesham Abdel-Wahab, confirmed that five members of staff from the embassy had been kidnapped. He said one of the kidnapped men had telephoned the embassy and confirmed that all five abducted men, who were taken individually, were being held together and were in good health.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

Kidnaper in 2019 of 14 Tunisian nationals convicted for 12 years’ imprisonment

The rest of the diplomatic team would leave Libya today, Abdel-Wahab said, adding the the Egyptian government was sending a specially-chartered plane for their evacuation.

The kidnappings are believed to be in retaliation for the arrest in Egypt on Friday of the head of the Libyan Revolutionaries Operation Room (LROR), Shaaban Masoud Khalifa Hadia, also known as Abu Obeida Al-Zawi. “Now the Egyptian government is dealing with the situation and negotiating with Tripoli’s LROR,” Abdel-Wahab said. [/restrict]

Tags: Egyptembassy staffkidnappingLibyaTripoli

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Sebha quiet as army forces take control

Radio presenter survives assassination attempt

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.