No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Libya committed to its contracts despite oil strikes – NOC chairman Berruien

bySami Zaptia
September 19, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Tripoli, 18 September 2013:

Speaking yesterday at the opening of the CWC Libya Forum on oil and gas, NOC chairman . . .[restrict]Nurri Berruien, referring to the oil stoppages that have crippled Libya’s oil production, said that he was “very confident that we will soon overcome these problems and hiccups”.

The NOC chairman further added, addressing the audience made up of sponsors such as ENI, OMV, Repsol, Oxy, RWE, Schlumberger and others that he would like to “assured ” them that Libya was “committed to its contracts despite events”, referring to the oil strikes.

Trying to find a silver lining in the midst of the worse production crises in Libya’s oil sector since production was returned to pre revolution days, Berruien said that since last year’s conference Libya had made a few oil and gas discoveries and that it was in the process of updating the EPSA model and oil law.

RELATED POSTS

Libya supplied nearly a quarter of Italy’s total crude oil imports in 2025

Audit Bureau saves Libya more than LD 583 million in overpriced contracts in 2023

Berruien admitted that Libya’s aging oilfields discovered in the mid-1960’s needed upgrading and that its existing refineries also needed upgrading. He also said that Libya needed to build new increased refining capacity. He estimated that this would need an estimated investment of over US$ 60 billion over 6 years probably funded by the NOC.

The NOC chairman also saw opportunities for other refineries and petrochemical projects that could be funded by the private sector.

He also stressed that despite the security situation, that exploration has continued with neary 50 wells being drilled in the last year.

Berruien stressed that the NOC wanted to train local staff to take them up to international standards. He also said that they were dealing with war damage to the environment which he thought would need huge finance and expertise to implement.

  [/restrict]

Tags: contractsEPSANOCNurri Berruienoil

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
Next Post
Southern towns could set transitional justice example

Southern towns could set transitional justice example

Saif will be in Tripoli court tomorrow insists Attorney General

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.