No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Oil strikes: will use full force if peaceful action fails – Zeidan

bySami Zaptia
August 29, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Tripoli, 29 August 2013:

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan said that his government will use peaceful social measures to end the . . .[restrict]oil strikes that have crippled Libya’s oil production, but that if this failed it would use all the necessary force at its disposal.

Zeidan claimed that Libya’s oil production was down to about 250,000 barrels – a figure at variation to that given by the Oil Ministry – and “he hoped it would rise in the next few days”.

The Prime Minister said that he had been in “wide contact of all levels of leaders in society in the east” and that the majority have expressed their support for the legitimate state organs. “They reject this”, he stressed, referring to the armed oil strikes.

RELATED POSTS

Zawia Oil Refining Company prepares to establish 100-million litre industrial oils plant in Benghazi‎

Aldabaiba forms technical committee to examine controversial NC7 Hamada oil deal – must report by 30 January

Zeidan said that most people in the east he had been in contact with “agree that oil production should resume. We will not allow all Libyans’ oil to be stolen and we will not allow this to be repeated again.”

The Prime Minister said that the oil strikes had “taken a political angle”, referring to the members of the Petroleum Facilities Guards (PFG) that are alleged to be at the heart of these strikes. They are also alleged to be federalists wanting to wrestle away control of the exports of oil from the east from the central Tripoli government.

“I have met many of the tribal leaders (in the eastern region)”, claimed Zeidan, “and they are totally against this (the armed oil strikes)”, he explained.

“It (the armed oil strikes) is down to some PFG individuals, not all of the PFG”, Zeidan was at pains to point out. “And they are armed”, he stressed.

“After the February 17th Revolution, arms are spread all over the country”, Zeidan added. “This is part of the post-revolution-order. These are symptoms of that”, he explained. [/restrict]

Tags: legitimacyoilPetroleum Facilities GuardsPFGuse of force

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Oil production down to quarter of a million barrels a day

Petrol panic buying in Tripoli after rumours of Zawia refinery closure

Petrol panic buying in Tripoli after rumours of Zawia refinery closure

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benina Airport installs first-ever ILS/DME Navigational Aids System by Spain’s Sky Navigation Systems

Sirte Oil Company completes drilling of horizontal well C345H in the Ziltan field with production rate of 2,000 barrels per day

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.