No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

We are constantly reviewing our security plans – Zeidan

bySami Zaptia
July 28, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Libya’s problems are internal – Zeidan

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan told Libya Herald that his government constantly reviewed its security plan (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

By Sami Zaptia.

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan told Libya Herald that his government constantly reviewed its security . . .[restrict]plan (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

Tripoli, 28 July 2013:

Asked by Libya Herald whether the time was right for his government to review its security policy, in view of the reality on the ground, Prime Minister Ali Zeidan said that his government was “constantly reviewing its security plan” at yesterday’s press conference.

“We reinforced the army in Benghazi and Tripoli to enable it to carry out its work better. We will transfer an emergency budget to the Joint Security Room in Benghazi and Tobruk”.

“We have prepared more than 15 barracks to train security forces”.

RELATED POSTS

Libya’s dinar budget revenues in credit but its dollar expenditure posts US$ 2 bn deficit: CBL January to February 2026 report

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

“The (acting) Chief of Staff has been instructed to act and reinforce the security situation”.

Regarding the issue of the Chief of Staff, Zeidan said that he had talked to the GNC and asked that they hasten the appointment of the full-time Chief of Staff.

He also revealed that the GNC had assured him of their full support, including the speeding up of necessary laws to pass extra money and to allow the government to move money set in one budget for spending in other areas.

Regarding the latest spate of assassinations, Zeidan said that these were directed at the state and to delay the forthcoming elections and to delay the formation of the state. He implied that the instigators of the violence were intent on invoking a reaction from the general public. He called on the public not to “give them an opportunity”.

Regarding the demonstrations and road blocks all over Libya that followed the assassinations, Zeidan said he could understand the public’s reaction. He said that he had instructed the security forces not to take action unless collateral damage was being caused.

He, nevertheless, hoped that demonstrations would remain peaceful.

When asked about the possible role of some parties in events, Zeidan would only call on all sides not to do or say anything that would aggravate the situation. [/restrict]

Tags: armyassassinationsbudgetchief of stafffeaturedGNCJoint Security Roommoneysecurity

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Breaking news: massive explosion outside Benghazi courthouse

Breaking news: massive explosion outside Benghazi courthouse

Second explosion reported in Benghazi

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.