No Result
View All Result
Sunday, May 24, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

AECOM is returning to Libya – HIB head Ajaj

bySami Zaptia
June 4, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
AECOM is returning to Libya – HIB head Ajaj

Odebrecht will be allowed to re-offer for Third Ring Road said HIB's head Ajaj (Photo:Sami Zaptia).

By Sami Zaptia.

AECOM could be back in August to help with supervision, training and contract negotiations said HIB’s head Ajaj (Photo:Sami Zaptia).

Tripoli, 4 June 2013:

Mahmoud Ajaj, Chairman of the Housing and Infrastructure Board (HIB) revealed today at the second day . . .[restrict]of the MEED “Projects Libya 2013” conference being held in Tripoli, that giant US Project Management firm AECOM is returning to Libya.

Ajaj said that an agreement had been reached and that he expected AECOM to return in August with the advance team probably arriving in July.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Hill International sign projects management agreement in presence of Trump’s Africa Advisor Boulos

Only US$ 13 bn worth of HIB’s housing projects completed out of a total of US$ 40 bn: HIB head Ajaj

He said that it would provide project supervision, training, and knowledge transfer. He expected over one thousand Libyans would receive training. He did not give details about the length or the value of the contract with AECOM.

The HIB head admitted that the scale of projects Libya has to complete or wishes to embark upon in the future were well beyond the human resource capacity of Libya. He said “we need help”.

AECOM will have a role in assessing contractors and Ajaj said that those contractors found wanting will be replaced.  AECOM is also expected to help Libya negotiate with its present contractors regarding their claims and status.

Ajaj also added that HIB had only received LD 1.5 bn in the 2013 budget, wheras they had requested about LD 32 bn for its projects.

Looking to the future, Ajaj forecast that the private sector will begin to play an increasingly greater role in the construction sector. The annual construction needs of the nation were beyond the state budget which is LD 66 bn in 2013, Ajaj added.

 

  [/restrict]

Tags: AECOMHIBHousing and Infrastructure Boardproject management

Related Posts

Zueitina Oil Co. successfully tests new B1-106/4 well with production rate exceeding 3,000 bpd
Business

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

May 22, 2026
Mellitah Oil and Gas launches its tree planting campaign at El-Feel oil field
Business

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

May 22, 2026
Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

May 22, 2026
Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports
Business

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

May 22, 2026
Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings
Business

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

May 21, 2026
Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91
Business

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

May 21, 2026
Next Post
Libya: the new Norway on the Mediterranean – Ralph Chami, IMF

Libya: the new Norway on the Mediterranean – Ralph Chami, IMF

Media agreement signed with Deutsche Welle

Media agreement signed with Deutsche Welle

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Zueitina Oil Company’s Low-Pressure Gas Compressor Project at Field 103A resumes

Mellitah completes second heavy lifting operation at Bouri field – supporting its “zero flaring” goal

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.