No Result
View All Result
Thursday, May 21, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zeidan condemns rape and act of terror

bySami Zaptia
April 1, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Zeidan condemns rape and act of terror

Prime Minister Zeidan condemned the terror and rape attacks (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

By Sami Zaptia.

Prime Minister Zeidan condemned the terror and rape attacks (Photo: Sami Zaptia).

Tripoli, 31 March 2013:

As the regular press room was being renovated, not for the first time, members of the . . .[restrict]press corps had the honour of being seated in the cabinet room for this week’s press conference.

Prime Minister Ali Zeidan revealed that his government had just finished an ordinary cabinet meeting and called this routine press conference to update the Libyan public on the affairs of the nation – especially as there was no press conference last week.

Zeidan was accompanied by the Ministers of Interior, Foreign Affairs, Justice, Health and the Chief of Staff.

RELATED POSTS

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

Salute to the supporters of legitimacy

He opened by thanking the Libyan public across the nation for coming out in their various way in total support of the legitimacy of the state and its organs in the guise of the temporary government and the GNC.  “I salute you…we assure you we will impose the sovereignty of the legitimate state…we will continue despite the pressures we face”, the Prime Minister added.

Condemnation of rape and terrorism

Zeidan paid tribute to the soldiers killed in yesterday’s “terrorist” attack on the Tamarhind airbase in the south of Libya. These “fell in line of duty defending the borders of the nation” he said, in an attack carried out by “smugglers”.

The Prime Minister (as well as the Justice Minister) equally condemned the attack on the British family and the rape of one of their female members. The law will take its course he assured.

Arab league offered support

Foreign Minister Abdelaziz gave a roundup of the recent Arab League conference in Doha and assured of the support offered by it to Libya, including helping it return its lost assets and those it seeks to face justice. He singled out Qatar and the UAE who offered help on all levels.

Asked by reporters why was it taking so long to return assets from Egypt, Prime Minister Zeidan replied that it was not taking too long and that he was not worried. It was a normal due legal process he said and Egypt was cooperating.

Asked which state had received the Qaddafi family and whether that state would participate in the re-building of Libya, Zeidan hesitated and attempted to avoid naming the state. When pressed he confirmed Oman, but added that it was not participating in Libya’s re-building process. However, he added that Libya was talking to Oman. [/restrict]

Tags: JusticeLibyaOmanpress conferenceprisonersQaddafirapesecurityterrorZeidan

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
All prisons must be under Ministry of Justice control

All prisons must be under Ministry of Justice control

Libyans must earn their living – Zeidan

Libyans must earn their living - Zeidan

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Airports Authority and Civil Aviation Authority review visual presentation by Spanish company Indra on Modern Aviation Technologies

Turkish institutions ready to contribute to implementation of joint Libyan marine sector projects: Turkish Ambassador Güven Beginç

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.