Tripoli, 28 September:
As part of a new strategy to expand its operations and strengthen its regulatory and compliance departments, Aman Bank . . .[restrict]is looking to increase its Libyan workforce.
Jobs are being advertised in 15 areas including anti-money laundering and compliance to ensure that bank’s internal procedures are monitored effectively. The bank is also expanding its 23-branch network (along with ten mobiles branches) and is looking to appoint managers for these outlets.
Aman Bank provides a universal banking service to companies and individuals and is the market leader in the area of electronic payments and one of the main banks in the area of international transactions, such as trade finance, payments and remittances from emigrants.
In 2010 Portugal’s Banco Espirito Santo paid €40.3 million for a 40 percent stake in Aman Bank and took management control. The remaining 60 percent is held by various private investors. The bank was successfully appealed its listing on the NTC blacklist in July.