LE III ASSISTANT POLITICAL OFFICER
BRITISH EMBASSY LIBYA
The Political team at the British Embassy in Libya is seeking an Assistant Political Officer. The main purpose of the job is supporting the work of the political section in the Embassy through research, monitoring, analysis and reporting of domestic and regional issues.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrange meetings and appointments for members of the Embassy’s Political and Defence Sections, including the Ambassador.
- Assist in arranging and managing visits UK officials coming to Libya
- Assist the Political section; deal with enquiries from the public.
- Undertake political research for Political section.
- Monitor Libyan social networking sites (including Facebook and Twitter) and produce a weekly summary of the main topics of discussion on the internet.
- Translate documents between English and Arabic, as required.
- Interpret between English and Arabic, as required.
This is a busy and interesting section of the Embassy that appreciates a flexible worker who helps us work more efficiently.
Salary Between 1590LYD and 1742LYD per month
Ideal Candidate will have:
- In-depth knowledge of civil society, religious movements and political parties in Libya
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Excellent written English and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills and briefing skills
- Organisational skills
- Proactive team-working
- The ability to build a good network of contacts.
Applicant’s should be a Libyan Citizen or have Immigration status which allows them to work in Libya. Applications for this vacancy should be sent to the HR Manager at the British Embassy, Libya no later than Monday 23rd July 2012. Applicants must send an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter providing evidence of the required skills and experience. Please include your email address.
HR Manager, British Embassy, 24th Floor, Tripoli Tower
Electronic applications should be sent to, [email protected] APPLICATIONS Sent to other email addresses will be discarded.
British Embassy, Tripoli Libya is an equal opportunity employer,
dedicated to a diverse workforce