No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC chief Sanalla says oil output up to 554,000 barrels a day

byNigel Ash
October 14, 2016
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
NOC chief Sanalla says oil output up to 554,000 barrels a day

NOC boss Sanallah (2nd R) with Total executives in Paris (Photo: Total)

By Libya Herald reporters.

NOC boss Sanallah (2nd R) with Total executives in Paris (Photo: Total)
NOC boss Sanallah (2nd R) with Total executives in Paris (Photo: Total)

Tunis, 13 October 2016:

National Oil Corporation chairman Mustafa Sanallah said today that oil production had passed 554,000 bpd and was on track to hit the 900,000 bpd mark by the end of the year.

Sanallah has been in Paris where he had talks with the top managements of French oil firm Total and Italy’s ENI. While both these companies have offshore properties in Libya, in the wake of collapsing security, Total abandoned its onshore operations in 2013 and two years later took a $755 million write-down on its Libyan assets.

The irony was that Total had been the first international oil company to return to the Libyan market after the Revolution. The 2012 bombing of the French embassy in Tripoli came in the middle of the the capital’s oil and gas show which had been heavily sponsored by Total.

RELATED POSTS

Eni and BP resume operations in Libya, Repsol and OMV to start within weeks: NOC

Britain’s Harbour Energy buys Wintershall Dea in US$ 11.2 bn deal

It would appear that Sanallah has been seeking to persuade Total to recommit to Libyan onshore exploration and production. Given the security risks still involved, key to a reengagement by foreign firms may well be a review of the current exploration-production sharing agreements (EPSAs) which some firms, such as Shell complained did not allow them a far return on their investment. Only Wintershall has enjoyed favourable EPSA terms.  The ESPAs were due to be reviewed on an industry-wide basis in 2014 but the Libya Dawn takeover in Tripoli halted such discussions.

Meanwhile the news agency LANA has reported NOC as saying that in the two years that production from the El-Fil (Elephant) field in western Libya has been halted by protestors Libya has lost $27 billion in oil sales. A valve on the pipeline at Reyayna was actually finally closed by Zintani members of the Petroleum Facilities Guard in April 2015.

Tags: EnifeaturedLibyaMustafa SanallahNOCReyaynaTotalWintershallZintan

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Kobler visits a Tripoli migrant detention centre

Kobler visits a Tripoli migrant detention centre

Egypt admits to airstrikes in 2015

Egypt admits to airstrikes in 2015

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Libya’s energy transition represents one of North Africa’s most significant infrastructure opportunities: LBBC Chairman Peter Millett

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.