No Result
View All Result
Sunday, November 30, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Mohamed Raied freed by Tobruk kidnappers

byNigel Ash
January 31, 2016
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A
Mohamed Raied freed by Tobruk kidnappers

Mohamed Raied (2nd L) with Dabashis and (2nd R) (Photo: Libya TV HD)

By Saber Ayyub.

Mohamed Raied (2nd L) with Dabashis and  (2nd R) (Photo: Libya TV HD)
Released Mohamed Raied (2nd L) with some Dabashis and Nureddin Abdulhamid (2nd R) (Photo: Libya TV HD)

Tripoli, 30 January 2016:

Misratan member of the House of Representatives Mohamed Raied was released this afternoon after being kidnapped in Tobruk on Wednesday.

Raied, one the original HoR boycotters, had gone to the town to take part in the key debate on the Libyan Political Agreement and the proposed Serraj government.

On his release today, the Misratan politician was pictured shaking hands with members of the Dabashi family who had detained him but who, he said, had treated him well. In the group was fellow HoR member Nureddin Abdulhamid from Tobruk, who is understood to have played an important part in the release negotiations.

RELATED POSTS

Third edition of Banking and Business Technology Forum kicked off in Misrata under patronage of Central Bank of Libya

59 containers loaded with boats seized in Misrata suspected of being intended for use in illegal immigration operations

Raied himself, talking to Libya HD TV ,said that he had been well-treated, had eaten with the Dabashi family and been treated as a guest.

Unspoken during the hand-shaking with the family was that Raied had been an enforced guest. Before they would let him go, the Dabashis were demanding the release of two of their family members held since 2014 in Misrata. In the event this has not happened.

Raied himself said that he understood fully the family’s concerns about their relatives but added that the timing of the incident had been very unfortunate since it would be exploited by those who were against the Libyan Political Agreement.

The Dabashis had complained that they had not been able to visit their two family members since their drugs-related arrest.

Raied said that he backed the idea that the two men be transferred to a prison closer to Tobruk so family members could go and see them. [/restrict]

Tags: DabashifeaturedKidnapLibyaMisrataNureddin AbdulhamidRaiedTobruk

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention of a former chairman of Libya Telecom & Technology Company for LD 20 million misappropriation

November 28, 2025
“Beaches and marine life: Between investment and environmental conservation. Towards more sustainable eco-tourism” debate held in Tripoli
Libya

Tourism Minister affirms full support for Second Fesania Desert Rally scheduled to begin on 1 January in Wadi al-Hayat

November 28, 2025
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Detention ordered of Director General and Director of Finance of Libyan Post, Telecoms and Information Technology Holding Co. for fund mismanagement

November 27, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba holds meeting with Interior Minister Trabelsi and Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi to follow up on ‎‎security and military developments

November 27, 2025
Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Former Director of Long-Term Investment Portfolio’s Housing Company for Tourism and Hotel Investments to be detained for misappropriation of US$ 15 million

November 26, 2025
Next Post
Serraj meets Hafter in Marj

Serraj meets Hafter in Marj

Ammari suspends Presidency Council membership over Serraj-Hafter meeting

Ammari suspends Presidency Council membership over Serraj-Hafter meeting

libyaherald-Ads

Top Stories

  • NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

    ‘‘Serious interest from American companies in returning to the Libyan market confirms their confidence in the path of reform and stability’’

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seventy percent of waste is recyclable and can earn money – councils must work with the private sector to solve their recycling problems

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Security plan within Tripoli has resulted in the resolution of several cases: Interior Minister Trabelsi

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Public Prosecutor’s Office initiates legal proceedings against members of criminal gang involved in organizing illegal migration by sea

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC chairman participates in expanded meeting on new fuel import mechanism through tender

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benghazi Security Directorate warns against charging any commission on e-payments

Libya needs over one million housing units over next 10 years costing over 200 billion dinars

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.