No Result
View All Result
Sunday, August 31, 2025
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Attorney General orders investigation into Aljazeera leaked audio recording incident

byNewsdesk1
June 18, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 17 June 2014:

An investigation into the controversial recording in which the former leader of Ajdabiya Local Council . . .[restrict]and a member of the former National Transitional Council allegedly sought financial help from Qatar to fight retired General Khalifa Hafter and his Operation Dignity has been ordered by the Attorney General, Abdulqader Radwan.

The recording, posted on YouTube, has been dismissed as a fake by the two men concerned, Salem Subhi and Hussein Jazwi, as well as by Al-Jazeera TV. Its former bureau chief in Libya, Iraqi Abdel-Azeem Mohamed, was said to be asked by them in the supposed recording to facilitate the funding from Qatar.

Haftar’s spokesman, Mohamed Hejazi, however, has claimed the recording is genuine.

RELATED POSTS

Libya Development and Reconstruction Fund signs ”strategic agreements” with ”several large” US Companies

Libya Development and Reconstruction Fund signs contract with Turkey’s Ankamenia for maintenance of Benghazi University’s medical colleges

Speaking on TV on Saturday evening, Radwan’s office manager, Khaled Turjman, said that nothing would be said until the investigation was complete.

“The Attorney General’s office has the experience and equipment to investigate such issues,” he insisted, stressing that those whose names were mentioned in the audio recording had been summoned already.

Abdel Azeem Mohamed, however, is reported not to be in the country.

As to holding an investigation of General National Congress leader Nuri Abu Sahmain, Turjman said that the Attorney General did not have judicial arrest powers. He explained that there were special arrest authorities with the task of taking into custody those summoned by the office for an investigation. He stressed, however, that while the Attorney General had put in a request for immunity to be lifted from Abu Sahmain, Congress had not yet responded.

Radwan was dismissed as Attorney General by Congress on 10 June and replaced by Sadiq Al-Sour in a session that has widely been dismissed as unconstitutional because it was apparently inquorate. Sour rejected the appointment two days later because of concerns about the legitimacy of the decision and Radwan refused to accept it on the same grounds. He remains in office and is accepted as such by the Libyan government and his staff – effectively demonstrating to all the powerlessness of the rump of the Congress.

He has meanwhile called on both the Supreme Court and the Judicial High Council to take a stand against interference by Congress in the judiciary.

  [/restrict]

Tags: Abdulqadar RadwanAl JazeeraAljazeeraattorney generalHafterHussein JazwiLibyaoperation dignitySalem Subhisecret recording

Related Posts

Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

August 29, 2025
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

August 29, 2025
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba and Shakshak discuss use of international auditors to enhance transparency and accountability in public institutions

August 28, 2025
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Ministry of Health to launch National System for Dispensing and Monitoring Insulin‎

August 28, 2025
Adopting Libya’s National Strategy for the Communications and Informatics Sector 2023-2027
Libya

General Authority for Telecommunications and Informatics launches 2025 Frequency Allocation Plan

August 27, 2025
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

Libyans still need visas to travel to China

August 27, 2025
Next Post

Tensions calm in Germa as ethnic clashes erupt in Sebha

Filipino workers challenge their Foreign Ministry's security alert

ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stories

  • Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Medsky to launch new direct flights between Libya and Athens soon

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • NOC discusses exploration and production with US oil giant Chevron in its 4 billion reserves, 18 bn barrels of shale oil and 123 trillion cubic ft of natural gas

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Qatari shipping line Milaha begins its Libya operations from Misrata Free Zone

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Ministry of Planning launches Libya 2050 Vision

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libya Africa Investment Portfolio considering funding its Libya projects through Islamic bonds

Libya’s Emergency Telecoms Management Plan to enhance crisis preparedness, effective response and early warning system – is launched

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.