No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Attorney General orders investigation into Aljazeera leaked audio recording incident

byNewsdesk1
June 18, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Tripoli, 17 June 2014:

An investigation into the controversial recording in which the former leader of Ajdabiya Local Council . . .[restrict]and a member of the former National Transitional Council allegedly sought financial help from Qatar to fight retired General Khalifa Hafter and his Operation Dignity has been ordered by the Attorney General, Abdulqader Radwan.

The recording, posted on YouTube, has been dismissed as a fake by the two men concerned, Salem Subhi and Hussein Jazwi, as well as by Al-Jazeera TV. Its former bureau chief in Libya, Iraqi Abdel-Azeem Mohamed, was said to be asked by them in the supposed recording to facilitate the funding from Qatar.

Haftar’s spokesman, Mohamed Hejazi, however, has claimed the recording is genuine.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba instructs CBL to terminate Arkenu Oil Company’s oil sales agreement

PM Aldabaiba reopens Tripoli Zoo after a 17-year closure: a symbolic turnaround for the Zoo – from a militia military base back to a leading recreation destination

Speaking on TV on Saturday evening, Radwan’s office manager, Khaled Turjman, said that nothing would be said until the investigation was complete.

“The Attorney General’s office has the experience and equipment to investigate such issues,” he insisted, stressing that those whose names were mentioned in the audio recording had been summoned already.

Abdel Azeem Mohamed, however, is reported not to be in the country.

As to holding an investigation of General National Congress leader Nuri Abu Sahmain, Turjman said that the Attorney General did not have judicial arrest powers. He explained that there were special arrest authorities with the task of taking into custody those summoned by the office for an investigation. He stressed, however, that while the Attorney General had put in a request for immunity to be lifted from Abu Sahmain, Congress had not yet responded.

Radwan was dismissed as Attorney General by Congress on 10 June and replaced by Sadiq Al-Sour in a session that has widely been dismissed as unconstitutional because it was apparently inquorate. Sour rejected the appointment two days later because of concerns about the legitimacy of the decision and Radwan refused to accept it on the same grounds. He remains in office and is accepted as such by the Libyan government and his staff – effectively demonstrating to all the powerlessness of the rump of the Congress.

He has meanwhile called on both the Supreme Court and the Judicial High Council to take a stand against interference by Congress in the judiciary.

  [/restrict]

Tags: Abdulqadar RadwanAl JazeeraAljazeeraattorney generalHafterHussein JazwiLibyaoperation dignitySalem Subhisecret recording

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Tensions calm in Germa as ethnic clashes erupt in Sebha

Filipino workers challenge their Foreign Ministry's security alert

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.