No Result
View All Result
Monday, May 18, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Tunisair reduces flights, Alitalia and Air Malta running normal services

bythomwestcott
November 19, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

Tripoli, 19 November 2013:

Tunisair has dropped one of its four daily flights between Tunis and Tripoli until the security situation in . . .[restrict]Libya improves.

“We have cancelled our last flight of the day to Tripoli, which lands at 10pm, because of the current security situation,” spokesperson for Tunisair in Tripoli, Jalal Orari, told the Libya Herald. “The last flight will now land at 8.30pm and will fly straight back to Tunis.”

The changes would not affect passengers, Orari said, because the three remaining flights would offer the same capacity. The decision, he said, had been taken by the Tunisair headquarters and was effective immediately.

Yesterday Lufthansa  and its subsidiary  Austrian Airlines announced that they were suspending all Libya flights until 25 November.

RELATED POSTS

Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

MedSky updates logo of its latest aeroplane in preparation for new routes to Madrid and Dusseldorf

Other airlines, however, including Alitalia and Air Malta are flying to Libya as normal. “All flights are running as usual and there are no changes or cancellations,” an Air Malta representative confirmed to the Libya Herald.

“All Alitalia flights are going ahead as scheduled,” Alitalia’s country representative Maurizio Lo Piccolo told the Libya Herald. “We will continue to operate normally if nothing changes.” [/restrict]

Tags: airlinesBusinessflightsLibyatransportTripoli

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges
Business

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

May 17, 2026
Sebha airport closed for urgent runway maintenance until end of April
Business

Sebha’s newly developed airport inaugurated during a lavish ceremony

May 17, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Third Libyan executed in Iraq

Third Libyan executed in Iraq

Interior Ministry calls on all members of police to report for duty

Top Stories

  • Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    Libyan Express and Italy’s 4 Airways to launch joint Libya-Europe air route ”soon”

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • CBL renews call for closure of unofficial FX sales outlets – as dinar begins to slide again

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.