No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

New CBL Board takes over official Facebook page and says it has completed takeover

bySami Zaptia
August 26, 2024
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

The new Board of Directors of the Central Bank of Libya (CBL) confirmed that it has ”today completed the process of fully assuming the management of the bank”.

The announcement was made on the official Facebook page of the CBL – but not on its Twitter/X page nor on the CBL’s official website. It indicates that the new Board is at least in control of the CBL building and some of its social media platforms. But it is still unclear if it has full control of banking operations – and especially foreign operations.

In this context, the Board said it has committed to all necessary measures to ensure a smooth transition, overcoming any attempts at disruption by the previous administration.

The Board of Directors stressed its full commitment to the priorities and pledges announced in its first statement.

‘‘We are fully aware of the great responsibilities placed on our shoulders at this critical stage in the history of our country, and we are striving with all our efforts to save our country’s economy, achieve benefit for the Libyan citizen, and contribute to addressing the effects of the crises that the citizen bears the burden of.

RELATED POSTS

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

We are confident that this stage will witness the achievement of the desired goals thanks to the cooperation and collaboration of all parties’’, the new CBL Board concluded.

 

Eastern based Libyan Government declares force majeure on eastern based oil fields and export shutdown (libyaherald.com)

Several banking operations suspended due to CBL crisis (libyaherald.com)

‘‘Takeover’’ by the Handover Committee of the CBL – new temporary Governor appointed (libyaherald.com)

CBL Governor El-Kaber reports attempted storming to Attorney General – holds Interior Minister responsible for its security

HoR condemns attempted storming of CBL (libyaherald.com)

No intention to storm Central Bank by force and administrative crisis has nothing to do with security authorities: Acting Interior Minister Trabelsi (libyaherald.com)

Presidency Council to elect new board and Governor of CBL (libyaherald.com)

HoR confirms El-Kaber as Governor of the CBL (libyaherald.com)

The end of the road for current CBL Governor El-Kaber? (libyaherald.com)

UNSMIL rejects HoR election of Shukri as central bank governor, says Elkaber still in place | (libyaherald.com)

CBL Governor Saddek Elkaber sacked again | (libyaherald.com)

Tags: CBL Central Bank of Libya

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme

NESDB meets China National Association of Consulting Engineers (CNAES)

UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September

UNSMIL deeply concerned over the deteriorating situation in Libya resulting from unilateral decisions

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.