The Renewable Energies Authority of Libya (REAoL) and the UNDP discussed developing renewables and energy efficiency in Libya.
The discussions took place last Thursday when the Chairman of REAoL, Abdel Salam Al-Ansari, hosted in his Tripoli headquarters Marc-Andre Franche – Resident Representative of the United Nations Development Programme in Libya. They were accompanied by Nuri Al-Kashriou, an energy expert at the UNDP Libya, in the presence of Ibrahim Kanna, a member of the REAoL Board.
To develop renewables and energy efficiency
The meeting discussed several important issues related to strengthening cooperation between the two sides with the aim of developing the renewable energies sector and energy efficiency in Libya.
Al-Ansari confirmed the importance of joint coordination with REAoL in everything related to the field of renewable energies and energy efficiency, as REAoL is the official body entrusted with the management and development of this field.
REAoL reported that several issues and joint programmes were addressed, represented in:
- The implementation of a solar power station project connected to the public electricity network with a installed capacity of one megawatt.
- The implementation of several training courses for the development of human cadres in REAoL.
- The provision of a set of advanced software.
- Assistance in the preparation of economic and technical feasibility studies.
- The discussion of the possibility of providing some equipment and devices used in the implementation of studies related to renewable energy projects under the supervision of the REAoL.
It was agreed to start the administrative and technical arrangements for the topics discussed in the session, starting next week, with the aim of determining the necessary timetable and approving the joint action plan.