No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Interior Ministry identifies shooter at demonstrators, refers him to Attorney General

bySami Zaptia
August 30, 2020
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Interior Ministry identifies shooter at demonstrators, refers him to Attorney General

Libya's Tripoli Interior Ministry says it has identified one of the government-aligned shooters at the unarmed Tripoli demostrators last Monday (Photo: Social media).

By Sami Zaptia.

Libya’s Tripoli Interior Ministry says it has identified one of the government-aligned shooters at the unarmed Tripoli demostrators last Monday (Photo: Social media).

London, 30 August 2020:

The Faiez Serraj-aligned Interior Ministry based in Tripoli and led by Fathi Bashagha announced last Friday (28 August) that it had identified one of the suspected government-aligned shooters at the unarmed civilian demonstrators in Tripoli last Monday 24 August.

The Ministry said that it had started investigations and questioning the suspect and had identified the (government recognized) force he is part of. It said it will refer him to the Attorney General after completing its investigations and will send a report to the prime minister.

It will seek all those accused of targeting civilians threatening the lives of peaceful demonstrators.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

Cooperation agreements reached between Libyan and the Greek pharmaceutical and medical companies: Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

It warned demonstrators to keep to the law and demonstrate peacefully without causing damage to property and keep to their just demands peacefully and in a civilized and democratic manner.

It will be recalled that the Interior Ministry aligned to the internationally recognized Libyan government in Tripoli had acknowledged the shooting by pro-government forces against unarmed civilian demonstrators in Tripoli last week.

The demonstrations took part in several cities, including Tripoli, Misrata and Zawia. Non were reported in eastern-based cities under the control of Khalifa Hafter.

The demonstrations were against the poor living conditions in the country, including frequent and lengthy power and water cuts over the years, fuel, cooking gas and cash shortages, poor services and security, and rising number of cases of Coronavirus.

In its statement last week, the Tripoli Interior Ministry acknowledged the right of citizens to peaceful demonstrations and confirmed that it had provided security for the demonstration.

It had also revealed that it had identified the shooters which it referred to as ‘‘hidden plants’’ within the peaceful demonstrators. It claimed that they were not part of the Interior Ministry but did not deny that they were recognized by the Tripoli government.

The Ministry said that it had already opened a criminal investigation into them and that it will publicize the results of this investigation and warned that it will enforce the law equally on all (civilians and government-recognized militias).

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/24/shooting-at-tripoli-demonstrations-moi-identifies-shooters-will-investigate-and-reveal-results/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/24/unsmil-calls-for-investigation-into-excessive-use-of-force-against-tripoli-demonstrators/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/22/serraj-government-creaking-under-pressure-with-electricity-blackouts-water-cuts-youth-fleeing-to-europe-and-demonstrating-and-municipalities-calling-for-immediate-action/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/25/serraj-big-speech-post-demonstrations-wont-resign-would-leave-office-through-lpa-reform-to-reform-ministries-and-use-emergency-powers-thanked-saviour-turkey/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/29/with-demonstrations-and-political-unrest-unsmil-urges-calm-respect-for-rule-of-law-and-right-to-peaceful-demonstration/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/27/in-light-of-anti-government-demonstrations-unsmil-holds-meeting-with-libyan-activists/

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2020/08/30/libya-demonstrations-fallout-continues-interior-minister-bashagha-suspended-by-serraj-tripoli-coalition-and-skhirat-unravelling/

 

 

Tags: featuredshooters at Tripoli demonstrators 23 August 2020Tripoli interior ministry

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

More than 30 regional economic studies guiding development and value-added programmes to be launched

Benghazi’s private sector Dar Al-Shifa hospital aims at localizing medical care over next 10 years

Benghazi's private sector Dar Al-Shifa hospital aims at localizing medical care over next 10 years

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

HoR Members, Benghazi Municipality and Benghazi Chamber meet British business delegation visiting Benghazi

There is no shortage of food supplies in the Libyan marketplace: Customs Authority

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.