No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Fugha terror attack condemned

bySami Zaptia
October 29, 2018
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

(Logo: PC/GNA).
(Logo: PC/GNA).

London, 29 October 2018:

Faiez Serraj, head of Libya’s Presidency Council, condemned today’s dawn terrorist attack on the town of Fugha in central Libya.

The attack has been attributed to ISIS. Initial reports say four people were killed – two of whom were executed in public – and nine people were abducted.

Serraj said “There goes another crime that took place in a dear part of the country, and we call for mercy on the victims of the terrorist attack on the city of Figha in the municipality of Jufra.”

RELATED POSTS

HoR Speaker Saleh cancels new import tax having previously claimed he had never agreed such a tax. Is Saleh’s position weakening? Report and analysis

HoR unofficial meeting proposes a new reform Roadmap to elect new leadership and amend internal regulations

He continued, “We affirm that this aggression is another reason to unite our military and security efforts.There is no room for complacency.

We must accelerate our unity and unite to strike and uproot terrorism from our land and confront criminal terrorist acts that target the security and stability of the nation.”

Meanwhile, Libya’s parliament in Tobruk, the House of Representatives (HoR), has declared three days mourning as a result of the terror attack. It called on the (Khalifa Hafter-led and predominantly eastern-based) Libyan National Army to secure the area.

The United Nations Support Mission in Libya (UNSMIL) strongly condemned the attack.

It called for the immediate release of the kidnapped and their safe return to their families. It reminded the parties to the conflict of their obligation to protect civilians and called upon them to immediately cease targeting civilians and civilian objects in compliance with International Humanitarian Law.

UNSMIL said it is deeply concerned about the increasingly fragile security situation in central Libya and called on Libyans to set their differences aside and cooperate to defeat the terrorist threat imperiling the stability and security of their country.

Tags: Faiez Serraj Presidency Council Government of National Accord PC GNAfeaturedHoR House of RepresentativesIS ISIS DAESHterrorUNSMIL United Nations Support Mission in Libya

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council
Business

Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

May 15, 2026
Next Post

Sanalla seeks larger 2019 budget

Hafter confirms attendance of Palermo Libya conference during Rome visit

Hafter confirms attendance of Palermo Libya conference during Rome visit

Top Stories

  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.