No Result
View All Result
Thursday, February 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Geographic area of anti-terror operations is free from terrorists: Serraj spokesperson

bySami Zaptia
April 9, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Sami Zaptia.

Mohamed Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, was vague on whether there is cooperation with Hafter's LNA Air Force in the south of Libya (Photo: Presidency Council).
Mohamed Sallak, the spokesperson for the head of the PC, Faiez Serraj, reported that terrorists had been cleared in eight days from the Nation’s Storm area of operations (Photo: Presidency Council).

London, 9 April 2018:

Reporting on the ongoing Nation’s Storm anti-terror operations, the official spokesperson for Presidency Council head Faiez Serraj, Mohamed El-Sallak said that the operation was continuing in its eight-consecutive day.

Speaking at the weekly Monday press conference held at the Media Centre of the Prime Minister’s Office, El-Sallak said that these operations were supported by the Libyan Air Force, and with considerable cooperation from locals.

He asserted that the geographical area of the operation was now completely free of any elements of terrorist organizations and that the operation’s patrols are stationed in the region and are fully securing it.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba proposes new Road Map for holding elections, loans and land for youth and money for healthcare for war wounded

Cooperation agreements reached between Libyan and the Greek pharmaceutical and medical companies: Tripoli Chamber of Commerce

El-Sallak added that the Anti-Terror Force assures that it has not and will not enter any city or region, and that its tasks are limited to dealing with any potential targets in the area of the valleys and reefs in the suburbs.

Furthermore, during the question and answer session with the media, Sallak confirmed that the operation was conducted by Libyan forces and without any participation of foreign forces. He added that the Presidency Council has been transparent in the past on reporting on the participation of US forces.

It will be recalled that Faiez Serraj, in his role as Commander-in-Chief of the Libyan Armed Forces, had launched an anti-terror military campaign entitled ‘‘Nation’s Storm / National Storm’’ on 2 April.

Serraj heads Libyan forces based in western Libya. He, his Presidency Council and his forces are recognized by the international community. Khalifa Hafter, meanwhile, is commander of the predominantly eastern-based Libyan National Army (LNA).

The Nation’s Storm military operation aims to target ISIL/Daesh terror remnants and dens starting from the 60 km checkpoint east of Misrata and fanning out in a crescent/triangle geographic area south to the outskirts of Bani Walid, Tarhuna, and back towards the coast to the outskirts of Khoms and Zliten.

 

https://www.libyaherald.com/2018/04/03/anti-terror-operation-nations-storm-launched-by-pc/

 

Tags: anti terror operation Nation's Stormfeatured

Related Posts

Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

After the revolution, Libya needs a state of institutions, the rule of law and a unified professional army: Undersecretary of Defence Zoubi

February 19, 2026
Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech
Libya

Aldabaiba speaks on the economic crisis, cabinet reshuffle, elections and Qaddafi supporters in his 15th anniversary of 17 Feb 2011 Revolution speech

February 19, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Tripoli Port receives Kone Crane-type grab from Turkish branch of Portunus

February 18, 2026
Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

Thousands of human rights violations carried out by state-affiliated Libyan militias: UN report

Sebha 6th Infantry Brigade declares ceasefire and allegiance to Hafter LNA

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • National Development Agency signs partnership agreement with Signify Philips to enhance lighting projects in Libya

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

Misrata Chamber to hold workshop on “Advance Consignment Information (ACI)’’ imported cargo tracking and registration system adopted by Libya

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.