No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

NOC declares force majeure at El-Fil oilfield

bySami Zaptia
February 25, 2018
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Jamal Adel in Kufra and Jamie Prentis in Tunis.

NOC TOTAL LOGOS 4 EN

25 February 2018:

The National Oil Corporation (NOC) has declared a state of force majeure at the El-Fil (El-Feel) oilfield in the Murzuq basin following a deterioration in security.

The NOC said certain members claiming to be from the Petroleum Facilities Guards (PFG) had threatened workers, tampered with official papers and fired their guns in the air. The oilfield has been shut down and employees evacuated.

RELATED POSTS

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

Members of the PFG were understood to have been disgruntled over the delayed payment of salaries and held protests over the issue on Wednesday.

NOC chairman Mustafa Sanalla said the PFG operated under the Ministry of Defence and it was they who should meet their demands.

“The NOC supplies the PFG members in the field with fuel and supplies but cannot supply hundreds of those who claim to be members of the PFG in areas far and away from the scope of the oil sector operations,” said Sanalla.

An NOC statement said the PFG members who wanted money had “nothing to do with the oil sector”.

Ultimately “The safety and security of workers is a priority for the NOC and is more important than oil production,” added Sanalla. He also said the NOC was in contact with tribal leaders from the Tebu in an effort to resolve the problem.

In the past week it was reported there was a 13.5 percent decrease in gas supplies to Italy via the Mediterranean green stream pipeline.

Though El-Fil has a capacity of 340,000 barrels per day (bpd), it was understood to have been functioning at 72,000 bpd before the disruption.

El-Fil is a joint venture between the National Oil Corporation and Italian energy giant ENI. It exports to the Mellitah oil and gas complex between Zuwara and Sabratha via the Reyayna pipeline.

Exports from El-Fil have frequently been disrupted following blockades.

Tags: el fil el feel oilfieldEnifeaturedforce majeureNOC chairman Mustafa SanallaNOC National Oil CorporationPFG Petroleum Facilities GuardsTebu

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post
Libya successfully defends Paris arbitration court case against Brazilian companies

Libya successfully defends Paris arbitration court case against Brazilian companies

Bashir Saleh, Qaddafi former chief of staff, survives gun attack in South Africa

Bashir Saleh, Qaddafi former chief of staff, survives gun attack in South Africa

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

FX black-market has existed for years and decades, and eliminating it in a short period is impossible: CBL Governor Issa

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.