No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Tripoli International Airport reconstruction “will create local jobs” says Italian consortium

byMichel Cousins
July 24, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Michel Cousins.

Tripoli International Airport in waiting (Photo: Social media)
Tripoli International Airport in waiting (Photo: Social media)

Paris, 23 July 2017:

Italy’s Aeneas consortium which earlier this month won the contract to build new international and domestic terminals at Tripoli International Airport, says that the project will see numerous subcontracts going to local companies.

“Many job opportunities for locals will be available,” Alessio Bucaioni, the commercial director of Consorzio Aeneas, told the Libya Herald.

That will not just be for the construction period, he added, pointing out that  statistics in Europe showed that a thousand airport jobs were created for every million passengers.

RELATED POSTS

LPTIC Chairman tours Tripoli International Airport – emphasises need to accelerate pace of completion of telecoms work

First asphalt layer being put down at Tripoli International Airport

The international terminal is to have a capacity of 4.5 million passengers a year.

The two terminals are to be built on the site of the old one, destroyed in 2014. They would be “appealing and functional” and with better capacity than other airports in North Africa, Bucaioni stated, adding that all systems would in line with international standards and regulations. The design was being approved by Libyan authorities. It was also being supervised by ENAC, Italy’s civil aviation authority.

The consortium, which he said was formed in September last year specifically for the Tripoli project, consists of five companies: Bari-based Gruppo Mazzitelli , Axitea SpA (Milan) which specialises in security systems, Rome construction and engineering consultants Two Seven, Escape and Lion Consulting. Although there were no plans to expand the consortium, other suppliers would be used, he added.

“Anyone who is in a position to support us in the implementation of the project would be welcome on board,” he declared.

According to him, the five have been working in airport projects for the past 20 years and have more than 70 years’ experience in infrastructure construction. They had, he stated, been involved in design and providing systems at Rome’s Fiumicino airport, Milan’s Malpensa, Catania and Cagliari as well as operating systems at numerous other airports in Italy, India, Spain and Kosovo. They had been contacted by the Italian foreign ministry last September to show the Presidency Council’s transport minister Milad Matouk what they had achieved at Catania.

“In Catania we realised in 2003 a similar terminal fully equipped and operational in six months”.

In line with all international construction contracts, the consortium would place a bond with the ministry, adding that this was proof of its confidence in being able to implement the project.

“No company would take the chance of issuing performance bonds unless it is perfectly sure to be able to carry out the project in full and to the utmost satisfaction of its counterpart,” he stated.

“Our target is to work at our best and bring to completion an excellent project for the Libyan population to enjoy,” Bucaioni insisted.

“We signed this contract because we are sure that we are in a position to finalise the project in the best way and within the accepted deadline.”

Tags: featuredLibyaTripoli International Airport

Related Posts

Workshop on strengthening institutional capacities in Libya’s leasing sector
Business

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

May 19, 2026
Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey
Business

Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

May 19, 2026
Libyan Iron and Steel Company achieves record production in HBI and DRI
Business

Bosnia Herzegovina engineering company Energoinvest signs € 2.71 million contract with Libyan Iron and Steel Co to construct a power station

May 19, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
Next Post

LNA says there were traitors in its ranks

Benghazi navy bans beards

Top Stories

  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

EU4Skills project organises workshop on quality management systems in the marine fisheries and fish products sector

Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.