No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Kajman mediates again between Tebu and Awlad Sulaiman

byMichel Cousins
July 20, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Kajman mediates again between Tebu and Awlad Sulaiman

Kajman

By Hadi Fornaji and Jamie Prentis.

Kajman
PC member Abdulsalam Kajman meets Tebu and Awlad Sulaiman representatives (Photo: Social media)

Tunis, 20 July 2017:

In a bid to try and cement reconciliation efforts in the south of the country, deputy Presidency Council (PC) leader Abdulsalam Kajman has again met representatives from the Awlad Sulaiman tribe and the Tebu community as well as other southern figures.

The meeting, held in Tripoli yesterday, was a continuation of the one in Rome in March, also attended by Kajman, at which the two groups, as well as the Tuareg, signed a peace deal which was supposed to come into effect immediately.

However, the deal was dependent on the PC’s government of national accord taking action on the development of the south, which has not happened. A significant section of the Tebu community also rejected the deal on the grounds that those who negotiated in their name did not represent them.

RELATED POSTS

CBL Board hold second 2025 meeting in Sebha, discusses revenues, foreign exchange and banking services

Libyan and Tunisian dates companies meet in Sebha to explore international export cooperation

Yesterday’s meeting aimed at dealing with Tebu objections and activating the Rome agreement. It also covered compensation for those of their communities who suffered losses as a result of five years of clashes in the south, investment in development, and the reopening of Sebha airport.

Over the past five years there have been several peace deals agreed by virtually all the clashing communities in the south, all to no effect.

In a sign of how little has changed, yesterday’s Tripoli meeting coincided with yet more clashes in Sebha’s Manshiya district. The Libya Herald’s correspondent in the town reported that last night he could hear explosions although these has died down by the morning. Another source said that RPGs had been fired.

There have been no reports so far of casualties.

The LH correspondent added that the Awlad Sulaiman and the Qaddadfa tribes were thought to have been involved.

Tags: Abdulsalam KajmanAwlad SulaimanfeaturedLibyaSebhaTebu

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post
Thinni lays foundation stone for new power station at Susa

Thinni lays foundation stone for new power station at Susa

PC ignoring the murders of its opponents says Ghariani

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.