No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Ghariani and Salabi trash allegations that Qatar supports terrorism

byMichel Cousins
June 9, 2017
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Jamie Prentis.

Tunis, 8 June 2017:

The increasingly isolated Tripoli-based grand mufti, Sadek Al-Ghariani, insists that the real supporter of terrorism is not Qatar but instead the countries that are boycotting the Gulf state as of this week.

He said the countries breaking ties with Qatar and sanctioning it under the “pretext” the it backs terrorism are the same people who sell arms and give money to Khalifa Hafter, to allow him to “tamper” with Libya’s stability.

Ghariani described charges that Qatar supports the Palestinian terror group Hamas as lies. False comments such as these were made up as an excuse to damage Qatar.

RELATED POSTS

Jordanian and Qatar Airways to resume Libya flights this month – discussions ongoing with Saudi Airlines

Oil Minister Aoun holds meetings with Qatari and Algerian Ministers of Energy

The Beida-based interim government was one of a number of Arab states that decided to cut ties with Qatar this week, claiming it supported terrorist groups and the Muslim Brotherhood. Two of them, Egypt and the UAE, have long supported Hafter and his anti-Islamist approach.

Unsurprisingly, Ghariani’s message was echoed by the political mentor of the Libyan Muslim Brotherhood Ali Al-Salabi who has long been a resident in Qatar.

He said the “attempt to blockade (Qatar) politically and economically” would only serve to please countries intent on weakening Qatar’s influence.

He called on the Gulf States to reject the escalation and use dialogue to work their way through the problems..

While Ghariani’s and Salabi’s comments came as no shock given their pro-Islamist background, comments made by Libyan National Army (LNA) spokesman Colonel Ahmed Mismari were equally unsurprising.

He insisted Qatar backed an array of terrorist groups, including Hamas. Mismari claimed he had documents proving the presence of Qatari military figures operating in Libya against the LNA. The information suggested Qatar was involved in multiple assassinations, Mismari said.

Meanwhile, having cut ties, the Beida-based government has now called on the International Criminal Court to hold Qatar to account.

Tags: Ali Al-SalabiLibyaQatarSadek Al-Ghariani

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Prince Mohamed El Senussi dismisses suggestions he is member of Muslim Brotherhood

AGOCO to resume regular flights from Benina

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.