By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 18 July 2015:
Eid El-Fitr holiday celebrations went disastrously wrong for Zliten diners, when scores were rushed to . . .[restrict]hospitals suffering from severe food poisoning.
More than 100 people presented with abdominal pains, fever and diarrhoea. A senior municipal guard was quoted by Press Solidarity as saying that interviews with the victims quickly established that they had all eaten at the Al-Amedi restaurant in the town.
When officials visited the eatery they discovered it was closed and they were unable to find the owner. Though no one has died from the poisoning, a number of those stricken have been kept in hospital for treatment. It is likely that other customers were less seriously affected and decided not to go to Accident and Emergency.
The municipality has now vowed to crack down on hygiene in restaurants.