No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Operation Dignity claims Tripoli counter-offensive is mounting

byCallum Paton
September 4, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Noora Ibrahim.

Benghazi, 4 September 2014:

Tobruk-based Operation Dignity has claimed it is preparing an offensive in Tripoli as its . . .[restrict]partners in the west of the country gather forces in Zintan.

The Commander of Dignity’s Air Force, Adam Saqr Geroushi, told the Libya Herald that Dignity was working in collaboration with the Zintanis who were pushed out of Tripoli last month following six weeks of fighting with the Misratan-led forces of Operation Libya Dawn.

Geroushi said the Zintanis and their allies were marshalling their strength ahead of a push back into the capital. He did not say when the counter-offensive would begin.

RELATED POSTS

Aldabaiba opens First Phase of Tripoli’s Third Ring Road

Spanish visiting medical team perform joint operations in Beida, US-based consultant visiting in Zintan

Geroushi explained that Operation Dignity would be providing air support during the campaign, bombing positions held by Libya Dawn on the outskirts of Tripoli. He said Dignity had begun its bombing campaign over the capital, a reference to airstrikes made last month and now widely claimed to have been carried out by Emirati warplanes.

It is alleged that the UAE, which possesses one of the most formidable air forces within the region, provided the necessary aircraft and pilots with Egypt offering its bases for the bombings.

The UAE has not commented on the two attacks while Egypt has flatly denied any involvement, even accusing US officials who commented on the bombings of lying and of trying to drag Egypt into the Libyan crisis.

Despite the controversy, Operation Dignity claimed responsibility for the attacks when they were first made, although they do not have the capacity to carry out the long-range air assault themselves.

[/restrict]

Tags: Libyaoffensiveoperation dignityTripoliZintan

Related Posts

Interior Ministry’s Diplomatic Missions Protection personnel receiving training in Ukraine
Libya

Interior Ministry reports increased crime-fighting success despite lack of resources

February 16, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Aldabaiba criticises corruption and mismanagement within health sector – calls on sector to reform itself in return for his support

February 16, 2026
NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Next Post

Ambassador to Turkey remains in place but relations with Ankara take another knock

HoR welcomes local and international media coverage in Tobruk

HoR welcomes local and international media coverage in Tobruk

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Tunisian Ministry of Transport announces studies for railway connection project with Libya and Algeria

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

“Transition to Clean Energy in Fezzan” symposium held by University of Fezzan and supported by NOC

CBL reaches agreement with importers to urgently deliver 2.5 million boxes of cooking oil

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.