ALBERTA / OPERATIONS MANAGER, LIBYA
Reporting to the General Manager Libya and forming part . . .[restrict]of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Manager (OM) will be responsible for the overall management of the company’s operations within the Libyan territory, managing all aspects of projects from early pre-contract stage through to project delivery.
Based in-country, the OM will strive for superior performance by providing innovative solutions and managing relationships with the team, clients, suppliers and relevant local authorities. The OM will contribute towards the leadership and development of project plans and works, ensuring that the highest technical standards are maintained in line with the Group’s guidelines, including amongst others:
- Ensuring compliance of projects’ operational implementation process;
- Implement and strengthen internal processes and procedures;
- Ensuring operations are adequately staffed with well-qualified personnel;
- Playing a hands-on role in supporting the project team / supervisors in the delivery of existing projects;
- Monitoring all operations through regular visits to project sites;
- Review of annual/quarterly/monthly work and budget plans and detailed implementation plans in coordination with the project team and preparing appropriate reports as required;
- Supervising operational staff;
- Maintaining project records (relevant documents, personnel, training, procurement, inventory, project budget and revisions, project reports, studies as well as other supporting documentation, correspondence etc.).
- Proven work experience at senior management level, with a commercial background.
- Extensive experience in working in developing countries is a must.
- Experience in (post) conflict Libya is a distinct advantage;
- Experience in working on private sector development projects is essential, with advantage of experience in safety and security;
- Relevant university degree. Preference will be given to candidates with technical qualifications, although this is not a requirement;
- Good verbal skills in English and Maltese;
- Good communication and social skills, and the ability to (net)work in multicultural settings;
The position involves being based in Libya.
Interested applicants are to submit their cv to:
[email protected] [/restrict]