No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Agreement signed for first stages of commercial port at Zawia

bythomwestcott
March 23, 2014
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.

Tripoli, 23 March 2014:

A special agreement was signed last week, to put the first steps in motion for . . .[restrict]the construction of a commercial sea port at Zawia.

The idea behind the project is to build a commercial sea port in the western area of the town. The Zawia port would help ease the burden carried by Tripoli port, where berth space is so limited vessels are kept waiting for up to ten days.

The signing was attended by the Executive Director of the Libyan Interior Investment Fund, Badrudeen Bin Otman, members of the local council and a number of specialists in the field of port development.

RELATED POSTS

Demonstrations continue in Zawia for the second day in a row against all incumbent political entities as standards of living continue to diminish

Presidency Council Head commits to transparency, disclosure, oversight – cutting off system of bribery, brokerage, and unregulated spending

“This strategic project will provide services to the entire western region and will contribute to the activation of the economic movement, trade and investment in the region,” Bin Otman said.

An official from Zawia Local Council said the agreement related to the design-preparation stage of the project. There would also be consultations on legal and technical matters, he said. [/restrict]

Tags: BusinessLibyaportsshippingTripoliZawia

Related Posts

CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

May 18, 2026
NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port
Business

Mellitah Oil and Gas completes maintenance on well A-28 in Abu Attifel field – reducing water to zero, increasing production to 2,490 bpd

May 18, 2026
Economy Minister Hwej reviews his ministry’s implementation of its 2023 plan and issues several directives
Business

Economy Ministry accredits seven international inspection companies to inspect imports of medicines & medical equipment at ports of origin

May 18, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

May 17, 2026
Ministry of Housing in discussions with Ernst & Young in London
Business

Minister of Housing from Baku: Completion and construction of 150,000 housing units and the transition towards smart cities‎ is the aim

May 17, 2026
CBL receives results from meetings with international banks
Business

Numisma Bank pledges to supply record amounts of cash dollars to the Central Bank of Libya in its Second Phase of cash injection to the Libyan market

May 17, 2026
Next Post
Libyan Technology & Innovation Parks initiative launched today

Libyan Technology & Innovation Parks initiative launched today

Beida brigade pulls out of Ajdabiya

Beida brigade pulls out of Ajdabiya

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

CBL Governor & Interior Minister discuss action plan to curb FX black-market, reduce smuggling across borders and imports outside banking system

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.