No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Tebus deny re-closing Ajdabiya-Kufra road

byMichel Cousins
December 16, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Jamal Adel.

Tripoli, 15 December 2013:

Tebu activists have denied allegations by the head of Jakarrah Local Council, Osama . . .[restrict]Al-Zway, that they have again closed the Ajdabiya-Kufra road.

A member of the 10-man Tebu team that arrived in Tripoli two days ago, to negotiate with the government over demands that had resulted in the road being closed for a fortnight, said that protestors were still on site awaiting the outcome of talks but that here had been no fresh action today.

There had been a brief incident, the spokesman said, when a petrol tanker heading to Rabyana had been stopped by Zway militiamen from Tazerbu. However, after negotiations between them and a Tebu brigade, it had been allowed to continue on its way.

RELATED POSTS

Man-made River Authority repairs 28 wells after electric shock puts all 34 operating water wells out of service

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

Meanwhile, the Tebu delegation, in Tripoli to discuss their demands for the electrical supply to Rabyana and the creation of a municipality there and a sub-municipality in Kufra, said that this morning’s  planned meeting with the Prime Minister did not occur.

The team, headed by Kufra civil rights activist Hussein Aya, said that they were still waiting to meet him but warned that they would not wait for long. If their demands were not met, the spokesman said, they would go back and not only reactivate the blockade but take unspecified “tougher action”.

The Tebu protests had resulted in the Ajdabiya-Kufra road being closed until last Wednesday and the Sarir power station forced to close because fuel supplies could not get through. The blockade was lifted, following negotiations last week between the protestors and Defence Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni.  It was he who suggested the Tebus take their grievances direct to the Prime Minister. [/restrict]

Tags: ajdabiyaKufraLibyaTazerbuTebuZway

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post

End in sight for Tripoli petrol crisis

Students in critical condition after bus crash in the east

Students in critical condition after bus crash in the east

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Benina Airport installs first-ever ILS/DME Navigational Aids System by Spain’s Sky Navigation Systems

Sirte Oil Company completes drilling of horizontal well C345H in the Ziltan field with production rate of 2,000 barrels per day

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.