No Result
View All Result
Tuesday, May 19, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Zeidan insists government is working on Benghazi security

bythomwestcott
November 28, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Ahmed Elumami.

Tripoli, 28 November 2013:

Work is underway to boost safety and security in Benghazi and the city is not being . . .[restrict]neglected by the government, Prime Minister Ali Zeidan said yesterday.

The Ministry of Interior had begun installing security cameras in the city, he said at yesterday’s press conference, adding that this was just one component of planned work to make the eastern city safer. Zeidan added that local people may not notice the installation of the cameras, as the locations will be kept secret to avoid them being targeted by criminals.

Two weeks ago Benghazi Local Council announced that it had set aside LD 2 million for six new checkpoints around the city, according to Libyan news agency LANA. These, it said, would be equipped with closed circuit TV cameras (CCTV) and equipment for detecting explosives.

RELATED POSTS

First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

China’s Ambassador to Libya visits Benghazi on the inauguration of China’s COSCO direct shipping line to the city

Responding to accusations that the government had been conspicuous in its absence in Benghazi. Zeidan pointed out that Benghazi’s army, police and Saiqa Special Forces were all government personnel.

He stressed that these forces were under the control of the government, from which they took instruction. Without the backing of the Ministries of Interior, Defence, Justice and Finance, he said: “These official security units are not able to move”.

Zeidan also emphasised that members of the government, including Deputy Interior Minister Bahloul Al-Sayed, had gone to Benghazi to closely follow the recent situation.

Al-Sayed had held talks with high-ranking military personnel, including the commander of the Benghazi Joint Security Room (BJSR), the head of the local Security Directorate, and the commander of Saiqa Forces, he added.

Deputy Health Minister Hussain Rujbani went to Ajdabiya, to a hospital where members of Ansar Al-Sharia injured in Monday’s clashes in Benghazi were being treated. Zeidan said that Rujbani’s  task there was to monitor and oversee their treatment. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghaziCCTVLibyaPrime Minister Ali Zeidansecurity

Related Posts

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Minister of Health inaugurates 13 Golden Clinic Complexes – bringing a radical transformation in accessible healthcare to citizens

May 16, 2026
Libya

Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

May 15, 2026
Next Post
Ministry of Economy discusses financial crisis in Misrata meeting

Ministry of Economy discusses financial crisis in Misrata meeting

Three marines killed in fighting near Marj

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Al-Ittihad Football Club fans demonstrating against a result of a football match set fire to Prime Minister Aldabaiba’s Office in Tripoli

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

CBL renews call on Economy Ministry to prohibit imports without payment through official bank transfers starting from 15 June

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.