No Result
View All Result
Monday, February 16, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Congressional meeting with Benghazi security chiefs stormed by protestors. Three members manhandled

byNigel Ash
November 26, 2013
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A
Congressional meeting with Benghazi security chiefs stormed by protestors. Three members manhandled

Protesters inside the Benghazi meeting (Photo: Fadelullah Bujwary)

By Noora Ibrahim and Ahmed Elumami.

Protesters inside the Benghazi meeting (Photo: Fadelullah Bujwary)
Protesters inside the Benghazi meeting (Photo: Fadelullah Bujwary)

Benghazi and Tripoli, 26 November 2013:

Three Benghazi congressmen were manhandled by protestors who had stormed a . . .[restrict]meeting in the city between  security and military leaders and a large congressional delegation.

Members of Benghazi civil society organisations forced their way into the room in the headquarters of the oil company Agoco, where the meeting was being held. They demanded that three of the city’s congressmen, Mohammed Busidra, Sulaiman Zubi and Saleh Joudah be ejected.

The trio had been among a delegation of 65 members of congress, led by Deputy President Ezzidine  Al-Awami, that had flown from Tripoli . Among those they met were Chief of Staff Abdulsalam Jadallah Al-Obaidi,  Saiqa commander Wanis Bukhamada and deputy acting interior minister Bahloul Al-Said.

RELATED POSTS

Libyan Islamist accused of assassinating four in US Benghazi Consulate in 2012 arrives under arrest in Washington DC

LBC Eastern Branch holds Benghazi Forum

It is understood that the three congressmen left the meeting and have returned to Tripoli.

Congressman Congressman Omar Hemidan, who is also the GNC spokesman said that the delegation had come to discuss yesterday’s clashes between the Saiqa special forces and “other groups”. He said that the lawmakers were anxious to find a way to calm the situation.

Bukhamada said that the enforcement of Laws 27 and 53 on the removal of illegal formations would continue. After 31 December, any militias which had not disbanded would be “illegitimate”.  He added that his special forces would use force against any group that used attacked the police or army.

After the meeting, Benghazi congressman Ahmad Langhi told the Libya Herald: “ We listened to Benghazi’s security and military leaders’ demands and requirements for new equipment. We asked them to write out those demands so we can discuss them with the government later”.   Langhi added that the commanders had emphasised to their congressional visitors that they regarded any attack the security forces “as a red line”. [/restrict]

Tags: BenghazifeaturedGNCLibyamanhandledMohammed BusidraprotestorsSaleh JoudahstormedSulaiman Zubi

Related Posts

NESDB discusses food security and social protection with World Food Programme
Business

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

February 15, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

PM Aldabaiba launches ‘‘100-Day Strategy for Health Sector Reform’’ – inaugurates over 20 health facilities across the country

February 15, 2026
Libya’s western-based army opens enrolment
Libya

General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

February 14, 2026
Janzour militia clashes cause damage to Tripoli West power station
Libya

Calm returns to Janzour after overnight militia clashes

February 13, 2026
Major effort by the Ministry of Economy to bring back Chinese companies
Libya

China appoints Ma Xueliang as its new ambassador to Libya – after a 10-year gap

February 13, 2026
After a ten-year hiatus, Al-Khadra hospital’s Eye Clinic reopens
Libya

Al-Hadaba Al-Khadra General Hospital announces resumption of hip replacement surgeries after a two-year hiatus

February 12, 2026
Next Post

Tebus deny handing over airbase; accuse government of ignoring them

Hun Autumn Festival, 28-30 November

Hun Autumn Festival, 28-30 November

Top Stories

  • NOC announces force majeure at Zawia port

    Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • MFZ signs strategic maritime MoU with the Egyptian company MAPSO to enhance capabilities in building and maintaining marine vessels

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Saif al-Islam Qaddafi buried in Bani Walid next to his brother – thousands attend funeral as supporters of former regime display old green flag

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • General Staff of Libyan Army strongly condemns yesterday’s Janzour armed clashes – those responsible will be held accountable

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • LIA discusses with China’s Chargé d’affaires reinvesting Libya’s Security Council frozen assets to preserve their value

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

NESDB holds Istanbul meeting to advance Libya’s food security programmes

Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.