No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Breaking News: PM’s Office occupied by families of martyrs demanding compensation

byMichel Cousins
June 28, 2013
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.

Tripoli, 3 March 2013:

A group of families of martyrs have forced their way into the Prime Ministry building . . .[restrict]today, Sunday.  There are around 30-35 people, mainly women — mothers of martyrs. One told the Libya Herald she had lost five sons.

The protestors are demanding homes, compensation and other benefits.  They have said that they will not leave until their demands are met.

The takeover took place at around 1.30 pm. The demonstrators have occupied the media centre on the ground floor of the building,  It has forced the Prime Minister’s press conference, due to take place there this at 4 pm, to relocate to the main meeting room upstairs. It was due to include not just the Prime Minister, Ali Zeidan, but also the President of Congress, Mohamed Magarief, as well as the Ministers of Interior (Ashour Shuwail), Defence (Mohamed Barghathi), Electricity (Ali Mohammed Muhairiq) and Health (Nurideen Doghman) as well as the Chief of Staff, Major-General Youself Mangoush.

RELATED POSTS

Top law firm joins new British Libyan Business Association

An academy with a difference in Tripoli

The takeover is not directly connected with today’s clashes at the General National Congress building where there was a attempt early this morning to eject war-wounded revolutionaries who have been occupying the main chamber for a month. There were initially unconfirmed reports that one of the war veterans was killed in the clashes and two soldiers wounded. This was subsequently denied.

However, those involved in the PM’s Office takeover have indicated to the Libya Herald that they were inspired to action by the war wounded’s action.

Last week, in response to the occupation, Congress voted a substantial package of benefits for revolutionaries who suffered war injuries.

 

[/restrict]

Tags: Ali ZeidanGeneral National CongressLibyaprime minister's office

Related Posts

Attorney General orders arrests at Jumhouria bank branch for embezzlement
Libya

Tripoli Criminal Court convicts five Waha bank employees for LD 131 million corruption

February 22, 2026
Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Schools strike in Tocra

Fresh deadly clashes in Mizdah; army moves in

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Kufra airport activates runway and taxiway lighting enabling nighttime flights

Newly created Libyan United Airlines reveals logo – stresses it is a privately owned airline

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.