No Result
View All Result
Sunday, February 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

1900 Libyans end police training in Jordan

byMichel Cousins
July 10, 2012
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Abdul-Jalil Mustafa.

Amman, 9 July:

About 1,900 Libyans ended a three-month training course as policemen in Jordan on Monday.

They form the first . . .[restrict]batch of about 10,000 Libyans, mostly former revolutionaries, whom Jordan has pledged to train in police activities in compliance with an agreement that reached between the two country’s governments following the overthrow of the Qaddafi regime.

The graduation ceremony that was held on Monday at the King Abdullah Training City was attended by Jordan’s acting Public Security Chief, General Mohmmad Rakkad, and the liaison and coordinator of the Libyan Training Programme, Colonel Mohammad Madis.

RELATED POSTS

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

”Your graduation today comes as part of the policy of training openness that Jordan so far adopted toward the Arab brethren and in implementation of Jordan’s belief in the transfer of police and security expertise and skills to them,” Rakkad said, referring to Jordan’s training of more than 40,000 Iraqi and Palestinian policemen since 2003.

He praised the success of the Libyan policemen in passing the security qualification plan and the specialised police training courses which he said ”had been prepared in accordance with the most sophisticated standards in the world”.

Rakkad urged he Libyan graduates to use the expertise they had won in Jordan in raising the standards of their colleagues at home ”so that the entire Libyan homeland reaps the benefits of security and stability”.

From his part, Colonel Madis thanked the Jordanian police for the specialised training that they had provided to their Libyan brethren and urged graduates to use the expertise they had achieved in maintaining security at home.

The Libyan graduates received specialised training in various police spheres including anti-riot and patrol activities, criminal investigation, the penal codes, laws and conventions pertaining to human rights, self defence as well as the hunting down and arrest of suspects.

The training course was marred at the start of this month by a brawl involving a number of Libyan police trainees that took place at the Jordanian International Police Training Centre (JIPTC).

According to government sources, the Jordanian authorities later deported at least 11 Libyan trainees after a probe conducted into the incident proved their involvement in the quarrel. [/restrict]

Related Posts

Mental health services in Libya almost non-existent – approximately one million people need mental health care: WHO 2020 report
Libya

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

February 21, 2026
Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts
Libya

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

February 21, 2026
Libyan Ports fees increased by 235 percent to reflect dinar devaluation
Libya

Khoms Port receives five new Ferrari and Kone Crane 45-ton cranes

February 20, 2026
Malta to open Libya Consulate in weeks – visas, residency permits, flights, bank accounts, seized dinars discussed
Libya

Maltese Embassy participated in a mission in Libya in support of the Libyan National Centre for Emergencies and Disaster Management.

February 20, 2026
Largest-ever Libyan government delegation to visit Washington first week of September
Libya

US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

February 19, 2026
UNSMIL: Warring parties invited to begin negotiations on 29 September
Libya

No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

February 19, 2026
Next Post

Misrata maintains threat to attack Bani Walid over kidnapped journalists

Local elections to be held in Zawia on 17 July

Top Stories

  • Aldabaiba attempts to solidify his position and continues to entrench rentier state with a spree of handouts

    Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Seven companies successful as Libya announces results of first public bidding round for oil and gas exploration‎ in 17 years

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • US working for economic and military integration by bringing together senior officials from eastern and western Libya: Massad Boulos at Security Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • No progress in Libya’s latest political Roadmap: UNSMIL head Tetteh

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Military Industrialisation Organisation signs major strategic agreement with Turkish company to begin a new industrial phase

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

WHO confirms elimination of trachoma as a public health problem in Libya – particularly notable given years of political instability and humanitarian challenges on health services

Aldabaiba refutes Italian media reports of another health setback – says he was having a routine checkup coinciding with a Milan visit

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.