No Result
View All Result
Friday, May 22, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Pure Technology poised to return to Man-Made River project

byNigel Ash
March 21, 2012
Reading Time: 1 min read
A A

A Canadian company that 12 years ago brought accurate monitoring to the then-troubled Man-Made River project is expecting to resume its . . .[restrict]work here, after suffering a serious financial hit during the Revolution.

When Calgary-based Pure Technologies evacuated the last of their personnel from Libya in February 2011, leaving only a single deputy branch manager in Benghazi, the company predicted that it faced losses of $17.8 million, equal to 30 percent of its total revenues. In the event, annual revenues dropped only 11 percent to $43 million, thanks to contracts picked up elsewhere in the world.

Pure is currently negotiating to secure outstanding payments from the Man-Made River Authority and says its will resume work once agreement is reached on the timing of these settlements. Company President and Chief Operation Officer Jack Elliot said: “Despite the challenges relating to events in Libya last year, we are very excited about out growth projections. The political climate is stabilising and we expect to resume work there in 2012. ”

The company noted that Libya has said that it will honour all existing contracts and settle outstanding payments.

A section of the MMR being replaced

Pure were hired in 2000 to deploy their inspection technologies after a series of failures in the pre-stressed concrete piping in the MMR, much of which is four metres wide. Initially it was given three kilometres of the pipeline to monitor acoustically. From the success of this operation, the contract was expanded to cover the inspection of several hundred kilometres of the first phase of the pipeline, which included assessing the extent and rate of deterioration in the pipes. In 2007 it opened an office in Benghazi and the following year acquired Price Brothers (UK) Ltd., an engineering company that was providing pipe manufacturing support and construction supervision services on the MMR. [/restrict]

RELATED POSTS

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Related Posts

Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

May 22, 2026
Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports
Business

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

May 22, 2026
Tripoli Chamber invites investment proposals for its buildings
Business

Industry Pioneers Conference and Forum held in Tripoli – as a national platform to support Libyan industry and enhance economic partnership

May 21, 2026
Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91
Business

Austria’s OMV opens Benghazi office and holds meeting to discuss Contract Development Area No. 91

May 21, 2026
Mitiga airport closure to continue due to militia fighting
Business

Airports Authority and Civil Aviation Authority review visual presentation by Spanish company Indra on Modern Aviation Technologies

May 21, 2026
Turkey agrees to reduce age range for Libyans requiring an entry visa
Business

Turkish institutions ready to contribute to implementation of joint Libyan marine sector projects: Turkish Ambassador Güven Beginç

May 21, 2026
Next Post
I may not see; but Libya is my eyes

I may not see; but Libya is my eyes

Zambia suffers downgrade after nationalising Libyan-owned telco

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Suspect arrested in possession of over 400 currency debit cards destined for money laundering via UAE and Turkey

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • First Phase projects in Benghazi’s Julyana district inaugurated – including five bridges

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Malta Civil Aviation Authority’s Security Department visits Tripoli’s Mitiga airport with view to restarting flights

Minister of Economy visits Tripoli Port – discusses accelerating goods processing time to reduce cost of imports

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.