Job title: Finance and Administration Officer
Duty station: Tripoli, Libya
Position Status: Full-time position
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the joint peacebuilding program, working collaboratively to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as donor regulations. S/he is responsible for all financial functions of the joint program, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and grant financial management and compliance. It ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Assabel’s internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program team, the Finance team provides timely reports and assistance to the Director and the Peacebuilding Program to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Carry out the daily accounting and finance functions of Assabel including the timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
2. Establish banking relations and plan and monitor regional cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of programs.
3. Provide monthly standard accounting submissions to donors and the partner organization, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
4. Ensure compliance donor procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
5. Maintain appropriate local insurance coverage to protect the organization.
6. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Assabel and to not jeopardize its mission.
7. Other duties as assigned
8. Support the development of annual fiscal year budgets with the Director and Finance Officer.
9. Support the implementation of grant budgeting and forecasting systems.
10. Support the establishment and maintenance of appropriate local insurance coverage to protect the local institution.
11. Develop annual fiscal year budgets with the Director and develop and implement grant budgeting and forecasting systems.
12. Analyze compensation packages, taxation requirements and human resource policies for staff to ensure that Assabel has adequate and appropriate benefits and systems in place.
13. Effectively stay abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies;
Knowledge and Experience Requirements:
1. A BA/S or equivalent in accounting or finance is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
2. At least five years of progressive financial management experience
3. Demonstrated experience and skill with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
4. Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of the general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
5. Experience of working with accounting software such as QuickBooks.
6. Two years of experience in grants management as well as an understanding of donor regulations is desired.
7. Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
8. Strong organizational, multi-tasking skills
9. Ability to work effectively with an ethnically diverse team in a sensitive environment.
10. Employment overseas and experience working for an NGO is required. Previous experience in insecure environments preferred.
11. Excellent oral and written English skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may submit their application, including a letter of interest and complete CV via email to [email protected]. Please indicate Finance Officer in the subject line